[Chapter Eleven] Where Headlines Are (Mostly) Harmless

Chapter Eleven -Where Headlines Are (Mostly) Harmless
Julian's Pov

Two days later there were photos everywhere of Bailey and I, technically it wasn't everywhere but it sure as hell felt like it. Thankfully they weren't the kinds that were circulating before.

They did know her name now though; I guess once you knew who she was related too it wasn't too hard to figure it out from there. I saw pictures of the two of them from the day he took her shopping and then there were some of us.

'Bailey Chandler: Another fling or the real thing?'

That headline was my favorite but I guess I couldn't blame that one but it just sucked that the painted me as this horrible person and I know they didn't know I had changed but I had and it was like all that progress was just gone, like they had stolen it from me.

Robert kept telling me they can't take it from me but it sure as fuck felt like they could.

'Would Jensen and Kelly Chandler Approve?' Never mind that headline was my absolute favorite and by favorite I mean that I burned it. I don't give a shit what those good for nothing people think about Bailey and I.

"Hey." She walked into my apartment still in her pajamas yawning.

"Hey pretty girl." I smiled at her, she was so unbelievably cute. She had stolen a pair of my boxers which were way too big and she tied one of my shirts at her hip so it wasn't hanging down to her freaking toes.

"Ugh, I look like death don't start that with me." She was fussy this morning as she went to the kitchen to make something in my Keurig.

"You know I can buy you one if you want." I yelled to her after she'd been in there a couple minutes

"No need if I'm moving in soon, unless you don't want me too?" She walked out with a cup of coffee in her hands

"Well I guess you don't need one when you can steal my coffee." I teased her

"And your food." She agreed as she came to sit on my lap and gave me a kiss good morning.

"You're more than welcome, you've already stolen my heart." I put her hand on my chest and she rolled her eyes and smacked her hand down

"You're so cheesy." I let her drink her coffee because she gets pissed if I keep her from it; that is scary but also kind of cute to watch.

"So what aren't you telling me today?" she asked and I handed them to her.

"They're trying to figure out if you're a fling or my girlfriend and having a field day about you having famous parents and a famous brother. Apparently I'm bad news and I'm using you." she shrugged and tossed them down.

"That's okay, I'm using you too. Your coffee is way better than mine." She finished it and put it on the table and I'm not sure how but I got her onto her back and I kissed her, tasting the caramel coffee on her breath, a change from the chai I usually get.

Both were sweet like her though.

I pressed against her and kissed her harder making her cling to me and just when things were getting out of control there was a knock at the door.

"Saved by the knock." She whispered and seeing her underneath me and breathless was doing things to me.

"Do you mind getting it?" I asked and she shook her head, she's met my agent before and if she didn't know who was on the other side of the door then they didn't need to be here anyway.

"Hey." She greeted and I went to the room to calm myself down since someone was being let into my apartment, damn her.

When I came back out Drew was standing in the kitchen with Bailey, she was sitting on the counter her short legs swinging while Drew leaned against the counter across from her, both holding a cup of coffee in their hands

"Well make yourselves at home." Bailey's smile really did light up my world when she looked over her shoulder at me.

I looked at her and it was hard to believe that she couldn't see what I saw. She was so beautiful and she thought I didn't know but I did. She avoided mirrors, she was always looking down, she cried.

Sometimes when I couldn't sleep at night I would go to see her, and I know that many sound creepy but when I've had a bad dream I just need to see her and sometimes she's up late at night and I have to watch from afar as she cries herself to sleep.

Just because Drew's back and she's here with me, that doesn't mean I'm any less worried about her suicidal thoughts. I know she has them and I know they didn't go away and I just keep trying to keep her happy until she's ready to talk about it.

When I looked at her there was a lightness that went around her, as I looked into the kitchen it felt brighter, she was my world and I loved her more than I thought imaginable. I had a bad life and especially now I was clean I had a new start and it was good, but she was the light in it.

She turned my world upside down and made me feel like me again, she made me feel whole again. She made me feel at home when I had always just felt lost. It makes me sound stupid but it felt right.

"Well you want me to move in and feel comfortable here, so I think I will."

"Well someone is sassy today." I grabbed her coffee from her and took a drink

"If you value your life, hand it over." She held her hand out and I took another drink and handed it back to her, she snatched the cup from me. I leaned down and kissed her, chai on her lips this time and that was probably my favorite taste, Bailey, Chai and coffee.

"Oh come on." Drew complained and I pressed my lips just that much more to hers and I could feel her smile before I took mercy on him and pulled away and went to make my own knowing she would probably steal it and I would have to make more half way through.

"So the good news is I'm not cheating on my wife with my sister anymore." Drew said and Bailey shrugged

"I don't really care, this is nothing compared to what it's going to be when the addiction comes out, right now they're more curious than anything." She yawned and so I let it go, I wasn't going to start getting myself worked up over nothing when she wasn't worried.

"Anyone want to go out for breakfast?" Drew asked and her stomach rumbled and she nodded

"Yeah, is Kenna meeting us, I'm pretty sure she's hungry." Bailey looked at Drew and they shared this look, it was like they were having a silent conversation

"Kenna's pregnant." Drew finally said

"Congrats man." I know Bailey mentioned they wanted another one.

"Thanks." I patted his back and Bailey jumped down from the counter.

"Call Kenna and I'll get dressed." She went into my room and I was left there with Drew.

"I thought you two weren't living together yet." He wasn't mad but he wasn't happy either.

"She slept at her place last night, she comes over to steal my coffee." I took a sip of mine.

"Alright, how is she?" he asked quieter and I glanced at the bedroom door.

"She's trying to make everyone think she's okay but I don't think she is. She still has a lot of problems from Macy and those people and what Lacey did. She's struggling with the cravings, which is why she's drinking so much coffee."

"You'll let me know if it gets bad, I know it is now but to where I need to step in." I nodded

"Of course, right now I think it's manageable but I need to get her to talk about it and I don't think she will, it's like if she puts this front up it's not happening, she can pretend everything is okay and I don't think she's ready to face it yet."

I hoped for her sake she would be ready to face it soon, she's completely blocked out the fact that she's a recovering addict, she doesn't want to talk about it or work through it and I think it's going to be like a slap to the face as soon as it comes out.

And I don't think that day is very far away.