[Chapter Forty] Where Age May Be An Issue

Chapter Forty - Where Age May Be An Issue
Julian's Pov

I got a phone call that woke me up at two twenty-six in the morning, I had just gotten to sleep and I angrily grabbed around for my phone and didn't even look at who was actually calling.

"What?" I maybe snapped a little bit but I really hadn't slept in days and I was getting irritable.

"Uh, hi." I instantly sat up hearing Bailey's voice on the other side

"What's wrong?" I asked her already getting out of bed and starting to get dressed.

"Nothing's wrong." She told me but then I hear something on her end that I didn't like in the least.

"Dr. Young to ICU."

"Why are you at a hospital if nothing's wrong?" I asked, I was already ready in the span of about thirty seconds, all that was left was shoes and I shoved those on and grabbed my car keys "What hospital?" I asked as I walked out the door.

"Kenna's in labor, finally." The relief I felt at those words were immense as she told me the hospital and I was on my way over there.

I met Bailey at the entrance and we went to see Kenna who looked miserable but she put a smile on her face when we walked in.

"Julian, it's great to see you." She told me and I went over to give her a hug and she dug her nails into Drew's hand making him cringe.

"Ready for this one?" I asked to lighten the mood and she nodded

"I'm ready to know what the baby is." I forgot they didn't know; only Bailey and the doctor did.

"Do you have names?" I asked and Kenna nodded and did nothing else

"They won't tell me, I get to know the gender, they get to know the name." Bailey was standing beside Kenna. I stood in there with them until it was time, which didn't take as long as I expected but then Drew said Kenna's been in labor for fourteen hours, which sounded awful.

I went outside and Kylie was standing there which confused me a minute

"Kenna called." She said and I didn't even know that had been getting close.

"Oh, when did you two become friends?" I asked her and she shrugged

"She's been great with my pregnancy and we went to classes together and stuff, she doesn't really have friends here." I didn't think of that either. Kenna uprooted her life and left her family in Spain to be here, to follow Drew. It wasn't easy to make friends when your husband was a famous athlete.

"Alright." I sat with Kylie and it had to be at least another hour before Bailey came out with a smile on her face.

"You guys can come in." she told us and we both stood and walked into the room and looked to see Kenna holding a tiny baby wrapped in a little pink blanket.

"It's a girl?" Kylie asked excited and Kenna nodded

"Yeah, meet little Marissa." Drew said and Bailey's eyes watered as she looked at the little baby that was now being handed over to her.

"You're naming her after me?" Bailey asked and Drew walked over and wrapped an arm around her, kissed her temple as he looked down at his daughter.

"After her amazing and loving Aunt." Kenna grabbed her phone and took a picture of the two of them and Bailey looked down at her amazed. Marissa got Kenna's darker skin compared to Drew's mostly pale, I had no idea what color eyes she had but she did have dark hair which was to be expected.