[Chapter One] Where There Is Pain There Is Progress

And here we go :))
Life After Rehab had officially begun!

Chapter One - Where There Is Pain There Is Progress
Bailey's Pov

It hurt to move on sometimes, literally. Julian thought that I would chicken out but here I was leaning back in the chair with my arm extended to the side as he dug the needle into my arm and damn it, it hurt. I looked over at Julian and he was sitting easily beside me, watching my reactions as they did the same thing to him.

He was smiling damn him! We may be getting them together and for the same reason but they were completely different. I was getting lace done down the whole outside of one of my arms and if they say hey, it would be great to use white ink, tell them to go fuck themselves because white ink is so freaking painful. It wasn't one of those heavily done ones where you can see basically no skin, it was large in areas and in others there was no ink at all.

I liked it this way and on my upper arm in the gap was a quote

"New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings."

With her name and the date she died.

Julian was getting his whole lower arm done with half of it being the beach and the other half a forest, one part for Lacey and other for Sarah, both their favorite places. He was getting Sarah and Lacey's initials but I didn't ask about Mia, I don't think he's ready to accept that death and move on yet, he still blames himself and I think once he learns to stop hating himself for it, he'll get one for her too.

"Fuck." I cursed and he chuckled

"It's not that bad." he teased and I wanted to slap him but I wasn't allowed to move. I went with grey instead of black so it didn't contrast too bad and then there would be light color added into it as well and I still can't believe I was doing this, it was a drastic first tattoo but I was standing by it.

He started on my upper arm and as he got lower it started hurting a little less, that's probably why he's smiling the jerk, to try to give myself some motivation long term I was going to get tally marks done on my wrist every year I stayed clean.

Right now it was easy to say I would and I wasn't looking forward to when it all hits me.

Julian grabbed my hand when I cringed, sure it was exciting when we got here like three hours ago, he warned me it would be a process and I was really starting to feel the pain now but in a weird way, it felt good.

It wasn't the pain from slashing at my wrists or inserting a needle into my veins, it was the pain of progress, of letting go and of moving on. It made me feel excited for the future and I hoped it would give me some kind of strength every time I looked at it.

"So when do you start on the movie?" I asked and he frowned and swallowed hard, he always got weird when I asked about it. I've been out of rehab three weeks now and he avoided the topic every time I brought it up but maybe now was when I would demand answers, he was a little confined and with the artist digging a needle into his arm too, he couldn't exactly avoid me.

"Filming starts in three weeks." He mumbled

"What aren't you telling me?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Nothing."

"Don't lie to me." I told him

"She knows something is up dude, I wouldn't make it worse." The guy doing my arm said

"Shut up Hunter." Julian knew him which is the reason we were here, I stared at him and he wouldn't meet my eye. There was something going on and I know he's not cheating on me, I know he's not on drugs, I know he's not drinking and I know the film will be shot for a month in new York.