[Chapter Sixty-Two] Where She Finds Her Dress

On facebook there are photos of her reception dress as well as the venue!
Livelifeintherain for the PAGE
Chelsraindrops for the PROFILE

Chapter Sixty-Two – Where She Finds Her Dress
Bailey's Pov

Thanks to Julian I almost missed my flight and I had to buy a new phone charger as well as shampoo, conditioner, face wash and body wash. At first I wasn't thrilled about spending a whole week in New York, but Nia booked an amazing hotel and my mind changed as soon as I walked into my bridal appointment.

The place was nice, so nice I wondered how I could possibly have found myself here. A woman came out to greet me and brought my back where I met with a consultant. Larissa and I took a backseat while Nia discussed ball gowns with her. Nia has been here before and she's modeled wedding gowns. If anyone knew about gowns it was those two who were communicating.

"Okay Bailey so tell me if I get anything wrong. Your budget is unlimited; you want a strapless and tight ball gown with tulle, lace and embellishments. Your wedding is in four months and will take place in a zoo and you want a dip in the front, a little sexy and very over the top."

"That pretty much covers it, but I went through probably thirty ball gowns at the last store and nothing made me happy. Also, I have a second dress already for my reception, so the weight and size is no problem; it's just for my ceremony." After this we were calling Julian and going to discuss linens; Larissa's idea, I thought picking linens was the equivalent to watching paint dry.

"Well I have picked a couple that I think you'll love already. One I walked the runway with and I think it will be beautiful on you." My consultant, Jessica took me to the back and I got to slip out of my clothes and into a soft robe. Nia's choices were back there but Jessica also wanted me to pick dresses myself.

"So tell me about your fiancé." Before we headed out she wanted to get a better feel for me and what I wanted.

"I'm marrying Julian Cole, well Leeson now. We've been together three years and have been through more than I think any could should ever, let alone in that period of time. It shouldn't work, but it does. We've only been engaged for a few weeks and it took me by complete surprise when he proposed."

"How did he propose?" Her smile was genuine.

"We had a family dinner to celebrate his sobriety and he proposed when I handed it to him. We were just announcing that we bought a house and I didn't expect marriage for a couple more years, so it was a shock. It took me a good week for the news to sink in."

"And I want to help you find the perfect dress to honor all of that for your wedding." She was sweet.

"Thank you, my hopes are pretty low after my last appointment though." We stood and headed out to the show room to browse through their endless ball gowns.

"We're focusing on Pnina Tornai today. She is the best at loud and over the top dresses. Her dresses are sexy, funky, fun and over the top." Jessica and I wondered Pnina's showroom and pulled a few more dresses.

"So what makes you want something so drastically different from your usual style?" A lacey ball gown caught my eye and the see-through corset

"When I was little I made my brother a promise that I would wait until I was married, that's why white is so important to me. After that I spent so much time dreaming of my wedding. When I got older and my brother left life kind of went downhill. When I got hooked on drugs I never thought I would even get married. Now that I'm actually getting married I feel like that little girl again dreaming of her wedding. I'm sorry." I had to stop to wipe my eyes. This whole time I had been downplaying this wedding, acting like it just was what it was, but it meant so much more to me.