[Chapter Four] Where She Meets His Family

Chapter Four — Where She Meets His Family
Bailey's Pov

I was now at his mother's front door getting ready to eat there for thanksgiving. Julian and Kylie had gotten to me but it was Caleb doing the devils bidding that actually got me to go. Him begging me to go with him; that he didn't want to be so alone and if I was there he would be more comfortable.

He didn't know them either and he needed me there with him, how the hell can you say no to that added with Kylie begging and Julian pouting that I didn't want to meet his family.

They fucking sucked.

I had put on a nice dress and Julian opened the door, I could smell the food and hear what I'm guessing was his mother in the kitchen.

"Hey mom, we're here." I went to back up and he gripped my hand and pulled me against his sided, wrapping his insanely large arm around my much smaller waist, it was pretty much the same thing as cementing and supergluing me to his side.

I groaned and looked at him panicked and the asshole laughed.

"Kitchen." she yelled and he pulled me into the kitchen while my eyes darted around looking for Kylie and Caleb

"Where is everyone else?" I asked

"They'll be here soon, maybe." He shrugged and I didn't like this. I was pushed to going, the least he could have done was made sure other people were here so I could be more comfortable, sometimes he was so thoughtless.

He knew I didn't want to come, he knew it was a big step; the least they could have done was have Kylie here for some kind of support.

"I am not happy." I said and he frowned but he put on a smile as soon as his mother came into sight, she was working over ovens and it looked like a lot going on in here.

"Hey mom." She stopped and turned around and had a big smile on her face, I wondered where Julian got his height because while she was at least a few inches taller than me, she was still pretty short.

"Hey baby and hello Bailey, I've heard so much about you." she wrapped her arms around me first and I awkwardly hugged her back, I wasn't a fan of being touched and thankfully she let me go and hugged Julian too, he bent over to hug her and now I kind of knew what it looked like when he hugged me.

I was shorter than her and damn that hug looked a little uncomfortable for him.

"Hi." I said quietly, I wasn't a people person at all, Julian and I butted heads like no other, my brother was family and Kylie, well she was an authority figure at first and we bonded.

"I'm glad you came." Julian wrapped an arm around her and I fidgeted feeling extremely uncomfortable.

"Thanks for having me." I wrapped my arms around myself very self-conscious of my scars. I had the ones across my wrists and track mark scars as well as the scars from when I partly ripped my wrists open.

My skin was far from perfect and I didn't ever feel self-conscious of it until now because I didn't have a reason to be, Julian didn't have the track marks but Kylie and Caleb did.

Julian noticed my change easily and he looked at my arms and he knew what I was uncomfortable with and his mom just kind of looked at me, it was probably one of the most uncomfortable moments of my life.

"Hello!" Kylie yelled and I sighed in relief as she came into view and she looked at my sympathetically.

"Kylie." His mom said

"I came as soon as I knew he brought you here alone." She shot him a disapproving look and Caleb stood by me awkwardly as well. At least his shirt covered his marks but Kylie didn't care about hers.