[Chapter Twenty-Nine] Where She Meets His Secret

Chapter Twenty-Nine – Where She Meets His Secret
Bailey's Pov

I felt sick as soon as I saw the tape and I admit I watched it, I wanted to know if he lied to me and it didn't made me feel better at the end of it knowing he had told the truth. The part that was happy he didn't sleep with her was devastated knowing that this was made while I was at home waiting for him to come back.

With life coming apart at the seams for me I needed to go back to Martin. I drove over there and Kylie was waiting for me.

"I'm sorry Bailey." She hugged me and I didn't say anything because I didn't know what to say.

"Do you mind if I spend some time in my old room?" I asked her and she shook her head

"No one lives there, take all the time you need."

"Can I stay the night?" I asked her

"If we can look through your things, it's just a precaution." I understood and I let them sift through my stuff and make sure I had nothing on me and I went back to my old room. I had left mine and Lacey's bedding here knowing no one else would be here and I can't believe it's been six months since I left.

I went instantly to Lacey's bed and curled up there and for the first time I decided to open her journal.

I hate that I'm here, what is so wrong with me that I just couldn't do it, why couldn't I just stay clean this time, why did I have to get high, why do I have to hate myself so much? My parents are being supportive but you can tell that they're devastated and disappointed and I can't handle that, I don't think I'm going to make it out of here alive this time, I can't bare it if I were to relapse again.

I couldn't read anymore because it had always been her plan. Since her first day she never planned on leaving this building. I flipped to the date around my birthday because I needed to know how she had been feeling.

Those two are my world, Bailey's birthday's coming up and Julian and I had to make last minute plans but we hope that she'll love it, she loves the beach and I can't wait to take her down there for her first time since she's been here. They're going to release me soon and I think this time I'll be okay, I know they'll be out soon and I think I can do it, I'm going to move in with my parents this time. I don't want to die and for the first time I feel like there's another option.

She didn't want to die, so what happened? I couldn't bring myself to read that part yet so I went back to the beginning and started reading. I spent hours there just reading it before the door cracked open.

"Hey Kylie." I looked up and I felt like my mind was playing tricks on me because it wasn't Kylie standing there and I held my breath for a minute.

"Hi Bailey." She was shy, not the girl I remembered.

"Macy?" she couldn't be here, how is she here?

"Hi, can I come in?" she asked and I nodded, she shut the door and as she came closer there was definitely a change in her, she was clean for one, her skin had healing wounds on them but she wasn't dirty and her hair looked a little healthier.

"What are you doing here?" I asked

"I heard you were here and wanted to see you." she was cautious as she approached me and I wiped my eyes as discreetly as I could.

"I mean what are you doing in this facility?" I asked and she looked down at the ground and I knew that feeling, shame.

"You're crying, are you okay?" she asked deflecting

"Macy." I just wanted her to answer the question

"I've been here since the day you came to see me, Kylie came and got me."