[Chapter Five] Where They Attend A Family Dinner

Chapter Five – Where They Attend A Family Dinner
Julian's Pov

Kylie was going to loose, he's been here two minutes and a third of her guess is already used up. 

"Robert." I greeted

"Hey Julian." This probably was a bad idea, god knows how much I've talked to him about my life and this was the ultimate insight into my fucked up family and fucked up life.

"Well everyone just get to know each other, dinner should be ready in a half hour." My mother looked ecstatic right now and I didn't blame her, she was so lonely for years and she liked the company, I feel bad I forgot to tell her that Bailey didn't like to be touched, Caleb didn't either.

I probably shouldn't have brought her over so early either but I was just really excited she was going to be meeting my mom.

"So I've heard a lot about you Caleb, excited for the wedding?" Robert asked, I don't think they knew he was our therapist as well as Kylie's employee.

"Yeah, it's been great getting all the final things figured out." Caleb was excited for it to be over. Kylie was a nightmare, I had to drag Bailey out of bed for her last fitting, she didn't want to go because I guess last time Kylie nitpicked absolutely everything and nearly sent her back in tears.

"I'm happy for them to be married so Kylie's not a nightmare" I said and she glared at me

"What the hell?" She asked and I didn't care that I just annoyed her, she deserved it.

"Hey, you were the one who sent Bailey back almost in tears." I accused, this was two days ago, I haven't got to voice my annoyance with her yet and she looked at Bailey who shrunk back into me.

Not only had Kylie made her feel like crap for her dress but she made her come back the next day so she could see it with fresh eyes.

"Bailey?" she asked

"Don't look at her like that." I narrowed my eyes at her and we sat there in a staring match and I wasn't going to be the one to back down, just because she was uptight right now didn't mean she could do what she wanted to anyone, especially Bailey.

Bailey was there to help her with anything and she had no obligation to do it but she was choosing to and Kylie should be more grateful for it.

"Interesting." Robert said and Bailey smiled and Kylie sighed breaking our glare off, we weren't allowed to tell him about it either, at least not until the bet was over.

"I'm sorry Bailey." She looked like she was being sincere.

We all sat down and talked and Robert said it twice more which left Kylie out and then we went in for dinner where we were all supposed to make conversation like civilized people and couldn't just sit to the side and ignore everyone.

Bailey sat across from Robert then it went my mother across from me, Danielle across from Caleb and Kylie across from Carter. I wanted him as far from me as I could get him.

"So Julian, when does your movie start filming?" Bailey gripped my hand momentarily and I squeezed hers back

"Next week actually, I got a call this morning it was pushed up again" I was a little annoyed that filming was pushed up a month but there wasn't anything we could really do about it. Bailey looked a little irritated I didn't tell her but she didn't look mad.

"Are you excited?" she asked me and I was and I wasn't. Kimberly was a bitch and I didn't like working with her and I didn't want Bailey seeing me act in this movie with her since it was a romance and it was up for debate on a sex scene, I was hoping it wouldn't happen. I wasn't comfortable with it and that wasn't what I signed up for.