[Chapter Twenty-Two] Where Secrets Are Revealed

Chapter Twenty-Two – Where Secrets Are Revealed
Bailey's Pov

It was now family dinner night and I would rather be anywhere but here right now, I always felt awkward about it but Julian was in a particularly bad mood today and that always meant him and Carter would get into it and we would have to try to break it up or sit there and watch them argue until we could get a word in to make it stop.

Hopefully no punches will be thrown today but they've calmed down with a baby around thankfully, I wish Cameron was older though so they would have to watch their language but sadly he's too young to pick up on the words and we had to suffer through it.

I don't know what Larissa was hoping to accomplish with these dinners, each one seemed to make their relationship worse, not better but they loved their mother and would try for the first half hour, hour if we were lucky and then things would all just fall apart.

Julian stood behind me as we walked into his mother's house and Kylie was in the living room holding Cameron, she wanted one so bad and who knows there could be one on the way already, we don't know.

Caleb though, he looked down at the five week old and he looked terrified.

"He's just so little." I don't know if Caleb was amazing or panicked but he was something and Kylie just smiled at him. She's going through a lot, waiting a long time to get healthy and it's now time to get to be a mom and Caleb would be a great father, even if he doesn't think so.

"So were you at one point." It was amazing how we grew from such a innocent and vulnerable little baby to adults.

"I don't know if I could do it, I know you want to try but I'm just not ready." I've never seen him so panicked.

"You would be fine Caleb, are you going to have a panic attack every time you see and infant?" I asked him and Julian came back from saying hello to his mom and scooped Cameron up into his arms

"It's just a baby Caleb, calm down." Julian didn't need to be told how to hold a baby, he gently rocked him as Cameron looked up at him, a little smile on his face and his arms raised so Julian leant down for Cameron to touch his face.

God that sight was so sweet and hell it made me want one right now too. I always pictured a little girl though to look up like that at her daddy, the way Julian would look at her. Julian raised Mia, he had no problems with children which actually surprised me.

"So small." He mumbled and Julian walked over to Caleb and I laughed when he took a step back.

"Oh come on." Julian rolled his eyes "Do we need to sit you down like a five year old and show you how to hold a baby carefully? Jesus you need to get over this fear before Kylie springs it on you that she's pregnant and you pass out." Caleb held his arms out and tried to hold him and Cameron started crying which just freaked Caleb out even more but Julian was patient as he showed him how to hold a baby and eventually he stopped fussing.

Caleb looked pale and I was afraid he would pass out as he looked down at the wiggling little baby; Cameron wasn't so sure about Caleb either.

I looked over at Kylie and she looked pained and scared and I stared at her until she looked back at me and she just held my gaze, the boys were focused on the baby

'Are you pregnant?' I mouthed but she understood me and she broke eye contact to look at her new husband and nodded. Well that was fast.

I didn't get a chance to ask her anymore about it because dinner was ready, his mother usually kept Carter and Julian separate because when she doesn't it gives them time to talk, which means it gives them time to argue which means it gives one of them time to storm out before dinner and ruin the night.