[Chapter Forty-Four] Where He Sees Deeper

Chapter Forty-Four – Where He Sees Deeper
Julian's Pov

I was backing Bailey on having custody of Mia now. After I lost it like I did, I realized that I probably wasn't the most stable environment for a child. Bailey's already had her for a couple months and Melina had great grades and was adjusting well with her; I didn't want to take that from her.

My mistake already cost her ten years of her life with her family and I didn't need another one to cost her even more. She was home but every time I looked at her I still felt so much guilt.

Plus, my record company told me that if I didn't have my C.D finished in six months, I would be finned heavily and dropped from the label. They were done with my excuses and it needed to be done, period. It was incredibly stressful, I still had about seven songs to go to make a full album and I had no idea how I was going to get it done.

I was seeing Robert still and I was actually going to group therapy, I hadn't missed a session in months.

Bailey and I were doing better, I came over for dinner every night and I stayed the night sometimes. I helped Mia with her math and Bailey got her to show me some of her drawings; they were beautiful. She was so detail oriented and talented.

I took her to school today before going back home and helping Bailey clean up after breakfast; I really needed to talk to her.

I wrapped my arms around her while she was doing the dishes and she stopped and leaned back so I kissed the top of her head.

"How was she?" Bailey asked

"Excited to go to school; thank you for talking to her about that. This school is so much better for her." I would have hated her in public school. She would have had it harder and this school was better for academics.

"She loves school. She has some pretty good teachers and has made a couple friends." I was happy she was adjusting.

"I need to talk to you." I hated to ask, but I needed to know.

"Yes?" She asked and I stopped her hands from moving when she went back to doing dishes. She stopped, wiped her hands and turned to face me.

"I need your help." I said and she crossed her arms and eyed me suspiciously. I didn't blame her there; I know she's not going to be thrilled by what I had to ask.

"Help with what?" she asked me

"You are the most beautiful woman, did you know that? So loving and caring and I love you." I told her and she just stared at me, waiting for me to get to my whole point.

"Julian, do you have a point?" she smiled

"I have six months to get these songs all written and I need to know if you'll help me. Will you do one for the album and maybe one with me? I can't do them all, I'm lost and if I don't hit this deadline, they're fining me and then dropping me after this album." I was in a bad place here and I only had myself to blame.

"You know I don't do that crap." She went to turn back around and I grabbed her by her arms to stop her and I bent down to her short ass level to look at her.

"Please, I will do anything if you help me." I was desperate.

"Even sing me one?" she asked me and I groaned

"Yes, one for every one you give me." That wasn't true; I would sing them all and make a dance for them at her request if she would just help me with one or two.

If she could do that, five or six didn't seem as difficult.

"I may have a couple; one isn't finished quite yet though. I only have music for the piano though," She said after she stared at me for a goof four minutes. She went to her room and came back out with a few pieces of paper. I went to grab them when she pulled her hand back "You look at them after you leave." She told me