{Chapter 57 - Home is Where Your Family is}

-=Addison's Point of View=-

I made it back to Jack's apartment pretty quickly since the street I was on with Mark was a ten to fifteen minute walk. My heart was still pounding from the adrenaline still pumping through my veins and the surprise from the encounter. I massaged my cheek as I approached the apartment door. My hand traveled down to my back pocket to collect the key Jack recently gave me. The key was put into the locked door handle and twisted. I heard the lock click as I spun the key. I opened the door and walked it.

All the lights were turned off making my other senses heighten from the lack of sight. Confusion swirled around in my head, causing my legs to begin to feel numb. "Jack? Felix? Marzia? Anyone?"

A gnawing feeling in th back of the mind. This awful feeling is almost an itch between your shoulders. It makes me feel uncomfortable in all ways possible. You feel the impulse to turn around because in the back of your mind you know that there is someone else nearby.

Even when you do turn about and see nothing, your eyes are drawn to one spot, perhaps a corner of the room. There is nothing to see, but you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that on the other side of the wall is someone. My ears start to hear things that you think are real. Your eyes will even "track the path" of the other person as they walk a path on the other side of the wall. Nothing can explain why you think someone is about to charge in your direction. As my heart starts to race, my breathing does as well.

Rationally speaking, you have no proof that anyone is there, but this is almost a psychic bond. You know someone is creeping around or is just there and when they appear in your line of sight, they seem surprised that you detected them. How could you not know about this person being near you? You felt them. You heard them. You saw them. All the time they thought they were hidden, you knew they were in your presence and there.

I looked into the living room and started thinking about who could be there. "Jack, come on babe. If this is some prank for YouTube, it isn't funny. Felix and Marzia, I know you're in on this. You guys can come on out too." I tried to convince myself by speaking out loud that this was some useless prank for someone's amusement.

I kept moving my body slowly around the apartment. Sooner or later my legs felt numb from the fear that flooded my veins. My eyes scanned the room, immediately giving the feeling of something is wrong.

Something isn't right.

The floorboards creaked from behind me, causing me to jump and turn my body around to see what caused it. "Hey, Addy. Want to blow his popsicle stand?" I felt an unknown pair of hands wrap around my waist. A shiver shot up my back since I my mind automatically went to thinking this was going to lead to sexual assault. All the movies I've seen didn't help. I tried to struggle away from his grip. My mind was so preoccupied, I didn't process what this man said. I couldn't identify his face or features due to the constant darkness.

"Get off of me, you pig." My voice sounded demanding and a solid answer of no. I felt his arms tighten around me and pull me toward the bedroom. I screamed since I just wanted to get free. His hands felt me in places I didn't want to be felt by anyone except Sean. He began to be more rough, making me more uncomfortable than anything. Tears began to stream down my face since memories of Sean pulling me to his bedroom came back to my conscious. "Someone, help me!" I tried to call out while this man opened the door to Sean's room.

Not again. Not again.

"Don't try calling for your friends Addison, darling." My body cringed when he called me darling. "They will be here with you." He pushed me into a dimly lit room head first. I felt my body collide with the ground. A sharp pain pang up in my left leg, earning a whimper to emerge from my mouth. I laid still for a moment, trying to collect my now fallen ego.