{Chapter 40 - Through My Eyes}

-=Sean's Point of View=-

My arms wrapped around Addison's body tightly, trying to shield her from the depressing things in her life. Hot tears streamed down her beautiful face and into my shirt. Heat radiated off of her and onto me. Seeing the sadness radiating off of her broke my heart. All I wanted to do was make her feel better and relieved. Why was I feeling this way?

"I feel like an orphan." Her chest was heaving up and down. Her almost inhuman sobs coming from deep within her soul, while the tears lasted for seconds. The resolve to not allow more pain in her short life and halt her tears. I made it my goal to achieve this. Her heart and her head was filling with painful memories. The knowledge that she had no mother to go to was eating her alive.

I made a shushing noise. "It's going to be okay."

I felt Addison's hand push me away slightly, causing me to look down at her. Her eyes were bright red and appeared irritated, obviously from crying. I wiped the tears from under her eyes. Reminisces of mascara remained smudged on her face. The silence hung over the room, engulfing the mood. It was killing me, inside and out.

I decided to break the silence. "Addy. Are you going to be alright?" I let out a gentle sigh. The wooden floor under my knees caused an ache to radiate through my body.

Addison's eyes never met mine during this moment. The only movement was the nod of her head while rising from the ground. I got up as well, holding her hand so I could comfort her. An idea popped into my head. I should get her mind off things.

"Let's go out somewhere." I looked toward the door.

"Where?" Addy's voice sounded hoarse. Pain was present and quite noticeable.

"Well, there's a water park about an hour away. It recently opened so I was thinking we'd take a road trip." I shrugged my shoulders and played with my hands. I looked up and saw the most beautiful smile anyone could show me.

Addison laughed and said, "I've never been to a water park! I've always wanted to go but we never could afford it. Yes, Sean! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!" She kissed me cheek and ran to my room. My cheeks burned since I was blushing.

I followed her into my bedroom. "Wait, you don't have a bathing suit." I noticed.

A frown settled onto her face. "You're right."

"My sister left one here last summer. I can grab it. It's clean so, don't worry about that." I nodded.

Addison nodded her head and sat on the neatly made bed. I walked to my dresser and dug around the drawer I never use. My hands felt the articles of clothing my sister uses when she visits. I found the bikini. Bingo. After that I grabbed a pair of bathing suit shorts for myself.

"Here ye' go." My thick Irish accent was showing through.

She thanked me and I exited the room for obvious reasons. I entered the bathroom to change. I did so and waited for Addy in the living room. The comfortable couch made it difficult to want to get up and do something with my life. My fingers tapped on my phone. I answered some tweets, reblogged Tumblr posts and read some YouTube comments.

Twenty minutes past and I was still alone in the living room. I absolutely hate when people get angry at girls who take awhile to get ready. Please, chill. I honestly don't mind at all. Guys take awhile as well, sometimes.

"Sean? Can I borrow some of your sister's clothing too?" I looked up at Addison. She was dressed in her bikini, and only her bikini. My eyes basically as wide as they could be. Her body wasn't completely stick thin but she was still beautiful. Any body type is beautiful, through my eyes. I couldn't describe how amazing she looked.

"S-Sure. Help yourself." I let out a breath as she went back to my room.

Calm the hell down, Sean.

After another ten minutes, we were on the road. "You ready for some awesomeness?" Addison could drive so she was in the driver's seat.

A giggle erupted from her chest. "Yeah, thanks for taking me, by the way." She thanked me.

"You're the one driving, so it's all good." I relaxed in the passenger's seat.

"True. Good thing Felix had a car." She kept her eyes on the road and her hands on the steering wheel.

I watched the trees go by for an hour in basically silence. It wasn't an awkward situation. It was more comfortable than anything. Music played in the background with occasional conversation.

-=-=-=-=-

Addison pulled Felix's car into the parking lot. We both carried a bag with the essentials.

Sandals? Check.
Towels? Check.
Dry clothes? Check.
Food and drinks? Check.

We walked to the ticket booth so we could pay. I pulled out my wallet so I could grasp my credit card. I was about to hand it to the man in the booth but Addison interrupted me.

"Let me pay or at least for myself." Her hazel eyes pierced my blue ones.

"I don't think so!" I refused since it was my idea. Plus, it's the right thing to do. "You're not paying, Addy."

"Come on. I feel awful." She gave me a pouty face.

"Listen. This was my idea. I'm paying." I smiled.

"Fine." Addison gave up. Her amazing eyes rolled in a playful way while she crossed her arms across her chest.

"Thank you!" I laughed as I handed the man my credit card. It was swiped and returned to me. Wrist bands were also handed back to me. Neon pink wrist bands acted like tickets and proof of purchase.

"Thanks, Jack." I wrapped a band around her wrist. As our skin touched, a blush rose onto her cheeks. Her eyes were staring at my hand. I clipped it on and kissed her forehead.

"So, is this a date?" She chuckled and smirked.

"Oh, man. You caught me." We entered the water park, hand in hand.

•••
A/N:

Hey, beautiful people!

How's everyone doing? Good I hope! Summer has begun so it's gotta be alright! I wish I was at Vidcon, though. I'm in California for vacation too but we aren't going :-(. Oh, well. We can all go next year ;).

I'm going to keep thanking you for all the support on the book. I love you all. You guys make me 100 times happier! The messages and comments are honestly so amazing. Some are heartfelt and some are comical. I haven't seen a negative one which is awesome. Thank you.

The next chapter will be Addison's POV at the water park. Yayyy!

Anyway, have a nice day / night!
-S