{Chapter 24 - Let's Speed This Up}

-=Mark's Point of View=-  {surprise!}

I parked my car about a quarter mile away from Felix's second house. I let out a loose sigh since I kept up with their car after I left the airport. My heart was racing when I opened the car door and stepped outside.

The air was crisp and the wind blew around my now sweetly body. I was sweating buckets since I was nervous. I felt droplets of sweat appear on my forehead. They would later trickle down my face causing me to wipe them off with the sleeve of my dark blue long sleeve shirt. I started pacing toward the house in which Addison was in.

I tried to move as quickly as possible to avoid being caught by Felix himself or worse, Jack. My legs took me as fast as they could. I jogged around the side of the house and swiftly put my back against the east side of the building. I felt my deep breathing increase as I thought about where this was going. I need to get her out.

I kept my body low, bending my back so my face was close to my lower body when walking. I wanted to have stealth and be alert during this mission of mine. I made my way around the home and into the backyard. A garden that was empty and flowers that were recently watered lined the back of the house. I tried to avoid being seen through a window that was close to my current position.

I felt the grass tickle my ankles as I walked toward the backyard deck. A striped awning covered the deep brown wood that made up the surface of the deck from above. I kept my strides low so I didn't make a noise. I noticed Felix's car was missing from the paved driveway when I first came into contact with the front of his house. I doubt they would leave Addison alone so I knew someone is in the house.

I stepped up the stairs and onto the deck. I felt my heart pace a little bit faster as I approached the back entrance. My hand was carefully placed onto the door handle before sliding it open. The door wasn't locked. I cautiously slid open the sliding glass door. I poked my head inside and looked around, scanning my surroundings.

I didn't see a person around this area so I slowly stepped inside. I was in the small kitchen and dining room. Granite countertops with the general kitchen appliances filled the kitchen. The cupboards were a good quality and looked like a shade of light brown wood. As I turned my head, the dining room table had four chairs tucked under it. A plate of untouched food rested on the table. Someone was eating and left it for a reason that was unknown. They are probably coming back so I should move out of this room. Thoughts of what would happen if I got caught flooded my mind.

I carefully made my way out of the room and searched for a door to a basement. If my predictions were correct, they would have stationed her in the basement which was the most secluded area of the home. My ears were met by a sound of the floor board creaking in the direction of where I came from.

"What the hell? Who could have opened this door?" It sounded like Jack's voice coming from the kitchen. Crap. I forgot to close the door. I mentally slapped myself for being so foolish. I ran my hand through my red dyed hair out of stress. My fingers felt my soft hair go through them.

"Who's there? Show yourself. I know you're in here." Jack's voice sounded both afraid and angry. I stated to feel nauseous as I heard his footsteps advance toward my position. Let's speed this up.

I kept moving slowly and silently toward the front of the house. A random door met my eye so I quickly swung it open. Stairs descended into a barely lit room. Bingo! This had to be the basement. My instinct told me to go down the stairs. I stepped past the door and onto the first  step. I remembered to closed the door this time. I patted myself on the back for remembering. My arm slowly closed the door and a small click sound echoed in the darkness below. I felt my body cringe as I made the door make a sound. Each step I took down the stairs made a slight Audible sound. I felt my feet hit each step on my way down. I heard shuffling from below.