{Chapter 34 - Running Down to the Riptide}

-=Sean's Point of View=-

I sat down on the couch next to a sleeping Addison. She laid there with a smile on her face, dreaming about something. Whatever it was, she was enjoy it. Dreams are somewhere you can escape from the real world. They can either be your paradise or your hell.

I looked away and rose to my feet to grab the television remote. I flicked the TV on and turned on the news channel. I wasn't paying attention while I made my way the the guest room. My knuckles collided with the door, seeing if Felix and Marzia were awake. I continued to knock.

"Hey, you guys up yet?" I called them through the door.

"Yeah! We're up. Come on in." I heard Felix's Swedish voice allow me to enter.

I followed his instructions and whipped the door open so it was against the wall. Negative vibes met my mind while thinking about the person who tortured Addy in this room.

That person was me.

I regret every moment of that act. My heart rate started to increase as my body came in the room. I closed my eyes for a moment as I entered. My palms became more and more clammy. I swallowed hard.

"You alright, Jack?" Marzia must have noticed how I look. "You're really pale." She came closer to me.

"He's always pale." Felix chuckled as he gave me a look. He knew what happened here and tried to play it off like it was nothing.

It wasn't nothing.

"I'm fine, thanks Marzia." I wiped my sweaty forehead with the back of my left hand.

"As long as you're good." She back away. I let out a short breath of relief. I feel as if I'm going to break again. I'm good. Yes, I'm good.

I am not good.

"I'm going to go check on Addy." I swiftly twisted my body and exited the guest room without saying goodbye. I could hear my voice break as I spoke. I couldn't stand being in there any longer. I closed the door and kept moving.

My vision went blurry from unshed tears. The pressure to be normal was becoming too stressful. I rushed to kitchen that was down the hall. My feet barely carried me since they felt so heavy. My fingers wrapped around the cabinet door handle. I used the strength I had left to grab my depression and anxiety medication. I grabbed a plastic water bottle and gulped them down. Hopefully they'd make me feel better. A voice interrupted me.

"Sean?" Addison's soft and gentle voice hit my ears. Anyone could tell that she just woke from her slumber. The raspiness of her voice was somewhat attractive. I let out a longer breath than before. I didn't want her to look at me when I was like this.

"Y-Yeah?" My voice broke again. It was so apparent that I could hear it myself. I still didn't turn around like the coward I am.

"Turn around. Please." I felt Addison's soft hand press against my shoulder. She gently pulled me around so my teary eyes were pouring into her's. The way she looked at me make me feel so comforted or loved even. It's something I haven't felt in awhile.

"Oh, Sean." Her arms wrapped around my back. I returned the hug while leaning my forehead on her own. I kept my eyes closed, not knowing if she was accepting of this.

"Can I show you something?" I asked her with sincerity. "It's a place I go to when I'm breaking down." I sniffled.

"Sure. I'd love to see it." My eyes were still closed as her hand caressed my tear stained cheek. I opened my eyes to see this beautiful person holding my hand. I smiled at her before she returned one even more comforting. I chuckled quietly as our hands were still interlocked.