{Chapter 44 - We Meet Again}

-=Mark's Point of View=-

I felt shivers go down my back as the Ireland wind blew on my skin. My arm were completely bare since I didn't pack a sweater or jacket. I mentally started beating myself up for not thinking about how cold Ireland can be to begin with. I'm also cold all the time, even when it's pretty warm. Well, I did leave without thinking much, and it was abrupt. That could have an effect on how I packed.

The park was almost empty with the exception of a few children with their parents. I was sitting down on a bench and observing how peaceful it was. The metal that the bench was made out of was chilly on my exposed skin. Tiny kids ran around while letting laughs filled with joy. The sound of the trees swaying to the tempo of the wind filled my ears and surrounded me. I felt serene and untroubled. Almost like my problems were gone into thin air. Flashes of memories from my childhood filled my mind. Everything was so calm back then. Nothing could ever bother me when I was young and free. I strived to get this feeling again.

I didn't feel this way.

I shook my head, remembering the present and how it's different as an adult. I switched to Addison. Guilt is burning me on the inside. We left each other on a bad foot. I wanted to prove I could be a good person.  Not a manipulative control freak. Even if we couldn't be together, I was willing to be her friend. I could respect her relationship with Jack. I do not know for how long but I'll work on it.

Oh, Jack.

What happened to us? I put my head in my hands as I remembered the laughs and smiles we shared. The first time we met to the last time we saw each other. Honestly, he had come a long way from where he was. Both as a person and as a YouTube creator. He has really matured and I'm very proud of him. I hope we can make up and just go back to how it was. It'll be hard and I don't know if it'll ever be the same.

I felt tears on my hands. I didn't think I was crying but I was. I really messed up everything. I squeezed my hands into fists, trying to control my anger. I wiped the tear drops from my eyes incase Addy was almost here. I did not want to be caught crying. That's the last thing that I needed to happen.

I looked up and saw both Addison and Felix casually walking into the park entrance. They both appeared calm, cool and collective but from past experiences, I knew their guard was up and ready to defend themselves. I picked myself up and approached the carefully. The tension in the area was choking me. Almost eating me alive and making me sweat since I was so nervous. We were a few feet apart, all three of us petrified to step closer.

We meet again.

I decided to break the dreaded awkward silence since this was my idea. "Hey, guys. Thanks for meeting me here." I scratched my hands out of my neurotic feeling. My finger nails dug into my skin, leaving dull white lines and streaks on my dry hands. I tried to put on my best smile to hide my nerves. Noticing the looks on their faces, I knew I was failing miserable.

"Sure, Mark. What did you want to talk about in person? You obviously needed to say something since you came all the way from the Americas." Addison looked at me, seemingly without becoming anxious or disgusted.

Felix stayed next to her without saying a word. His eyes told me he was torn on what to think of me. I didn't blame him. I knew he wasn't going to let me do anything fishy. If you didn't know already, he was a tough guy when you tested him or rubbed him the wrong way. This man has done things he doesn't want others to know he did. I shot him a smile and kept my conversation going with Addy. I thought about my response since I knew I only had one shot to make it perfect. The secluded area we were in made it so no one could really see what's going on.