{Chapter 47 - Just Talking}

-=Sean's Point of View=-

The car pulled up into an apartment complex. I couldn't see what it fully looked like since the darkness of the night. The only lights that were visible were coming from the inside. The sound of the engine was now silence when Leona parked in the lot. The headlights illuminated a number and letter that labelled the parking spot. The sign said, G6. It showed what apartment she lived in. I took a mental note of this.

"We're here." She simply informed me while unbuckling her seatbelt. I did the same while she opened her door to exit the vehicle. My hand reached for the plastic handle. The fabric that lined the car door brushed my arm while I pushed the door open. Again, the Ireland air always hit me.

I followed Leona, moving me legs so I could keep up. She opened the first door with a key and then led the two of us to an elevator. Her finger pressed down on the only button. It would lead upward. Her fingernails were painted with bright blue nail polish. Some of it was cracked and needed to be redone.

I took in my surroundings. I was standing in the lobby of the apartment building. The rugs had dark stains that appeared in multiple places. The pattern was an unappealing floral pattern with warn red roses and dull green leaves. The background was a sad creme color. Four walls enclosed the room. They were painted white but some spaces were either stained or peeling off. It just seemed old and in need of care. Some chairs and tables were scattered around for anyone to sit in.

The elevator ding snapped me out of noticing details. "You coming or are you going to stare at a sad looking lobby?" Leona had a sly smirk plastered onto her face. She was joking around, obviously.

"The only thing sad around here is your attitude, missy." I said in a stern voice but failed to keep my composure. I let out a small laugh. Leona copied my actions as I stepped into the elevator. She pressed the number 6. The elevator was rising slowly so it would be longer than expected.

The floor began to rise up slowly to the floor where her place was on. My back rested upon the wall opposite from where Leona was leaning her shoulder on. "Again, I'm sorry if my apartment is sort of messy." Her apology was sincere. She seemed embarrassed. Leona's eyes came into contact with mine. They seemed almost scared for what I was going to see.

"Remember what I said, Leona." I reminded her that I didn't care what it looked like. I was grateful to just be here and talking with her. I stepped closer to her and pulled her body in for a hug. I felt her arms wrap around my torso instantaneously. We fit together like two matching puzzle pieces. The elevator door opened, revealing a lit hallway. We both pulled away. I scratched the back of my neck and followed Leona out of the door and down the hall.

What was I doing?

We both made it to a door with the same label as the parking spot. Leona placed a key inside of the gold-colored lock and twisted it sideways. The lock clicked, signaling it was was unlocked. She opened the door and held it open for me. The room had no lights on so I couldn't see what was in front of me.

"After you, m'lady." She joked as she tipped her nonexistent top hat.

"Thank you, kind sir." I played back while curtsying my fake skirt. We both shared a laugh while Leona shut the door. The light switch was flicked on.

Her apartment had three rooms. It consisted off a kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. It had the essentials. The front door let right into a bedroom that was also used as a living room. The hardwood floors were dull and bare but did the trick and functioned. Some laundry laid on the floor without a place. I assumed they were dirty or used. The rest of the apartment was relatively clean, so I didn't get why she made a huge fuss about it. It was on the smaller side, but that's okay. We all have to start somewhere.

The rooms had pictures of different people I've never seen before or they were celebrities. Different colored were strung around her bed. They gave a cool aesthetic to the room.

"I like your place. It's quite cute, actually." I complimented her decorations. She smiled and sat down on the bed. Purple covers and blankets laid perfectly onto the bedding.

"Thank you. I'm sorry, I don't have a couch. I just use my bed since it's always been just me lately." She mentioned for the lack of seating. Her frown made her seem self conscious.

"I don't mind. Can I sit next to you?" I asked before seating to be polite.

"Yeah. Come on." Her hand patted the empty spot next to her. I happily nodded and sat down. The bed was comfortable and soft enough to fall asleep on.

"So, tell me about what's been going on with your girlfriend." She clicked on the television with the remote and brought it down to a low volume. Leona turned to me and waited for my answer.

I told her everything but I left the kidnapping stuff out. I explained the Mark situation to her and how Addison agreed to talk to him. Her face turned in confusion when I told her what he did to her. Obviously, if I told her what I did to Addison she would kick me out.

Leona's eyes showed me empathy when I explained the fight, the things that were said and how I stormed out to the bar. "I guess if I didn't have that fight then I wouldn't have met you. That's one positive in a sea of negatives." I looked down at my hands.

She proceeded to tell me it'll get better if I just talk to Addison and explain how I feel. I agreed with her. Leona told me about her childhood and how she grew up in this part of town with three other siblings. She never had a good father figure in her life. We kept talking about our lives. I've never had this conversation with Addy. YouTube came into the conversation so I explained my role in that. Leona was quite impressed. She was going to watch my videos in the near future.

I also let her know the darker side of me. We don't have to get into much detail with that topic.

"I'd rather you be happy then me meeting you and enjoying myself for once. I kind of wish you didn't have that fight with Addison because you'd be happy with her." She looked down at her hands as well when I looked into her eyes.

I chuckled and said, "Hey, we can both be happy. I'm glad I'm here." I tilted her chin up to meet my eyes.

Her smile showed her teeth. She looked happy and I was proud to be the one who did this. I then noticed our position. Our faces were so close together. She pulled away first. Leona must have noticed.

"Sorry." I apologized. My hands rubbed together.

"It's all good." Her cheeks flushed red. "Let's watch some tv." She turned up the volume.

I laid back onto the pillow and rested my head. The last thing I heard was the television being turned off and shuffling on the floor. Blankets and a pillow was taken off the bed and put onto the floor. I was too tired to even try to talk.

Leona must have slept on the floor.

•••
A/N:

Hey guys! Sorry this update was a little late. My day has been crazy. If you want to check out my Instagram account, I post when I am updating and what I'm doing. Also, I post edits as well (Photo and Video). It's the same as my username here. #shamelessselfpromo.

Hope you enjoyed!

Have a nice day / night! I love you all and appreciate the support.

You look amazing today, by the way.

-S