{Chapter 10 - Look Me in the Eyes}

-=Mark's Point of View=-

My eyes grew heavy as it was getting later into the night. I shut my phone off after liking some photos on Instagram. I slightly turned my head towards the clock by the living room television. I read 12:56am. I groaned since I was most likely going to be tired when I woke up later in the morning.

I laid back on Jack's really comfortable couch. I knew I'd sleep like a baby on this. I was about to fall into a sleep slumber until I heard another whimper come from the guest room down the hall. That's the fifth time I've heard something. I'm beginning to think I'm going crazy.

I ran my hand through my recently red dyed hair. I decided to get up and check out the rest of the place. My tired body was difficult to lift off of the couch and upright on the floor. I managed to complete the task.

My legs moved lazily toward the hall by the room. A feeling of guilt washed over me. This is Jack's home and I'm overstepping my boundaries. I was about to turn back to the couch when I heard another soft and upset cry. I immediately kept walking down the hall. The first door I came into contact with was Sean's recording room. The door was slightly opened so I decided to look in.

My eyes were greeted with a sleepy Jack. His head was rested on top of his arms on his desk. His green hair was messed up, most likely due to his head moving around. The bags under his eyes were enlarged, signally he was physically and mentally exhausted. He was still in the jeans and t-shirt he was wearing earlier. I smiled at the fact he fell asleep at his desk. I found it slightly humorous. The computer was turned off and in sleep mode and Jack's coffee mug was empty.

I sighed and walked into the room as quietly as possible. I picked up his light but muscular frame. Sean was so deeply in sleep he didn't feel me pick him up and take him to the couch beside his desk. I softly placed a blanket over his body to keep him warm. His phone wasn't plugged in so I plugged it in for him. Sean probably hasn't received a good night of sleep. Maybe that's why he has been acting strange lately. I wasn't so sure.

I made my way over to his desk and grabbed a Septiceye Sam plushy. I grabbed it with my hand, feeling the green fabric on my skin. It was super soft. I lifted Sean's arm and placed it below it. It looked like he was snuggling Sam. I smiled as I walked out of the room, quietly sliding the door closed.

I heard another strange noise come from the guest room. My face turned with confusion as my feet took me closer to the room. I opened the door and peeked my head in the dark room. All I saw was boxes and containers containing what I'm guessing is Sean's possessions. I tip toed around the mysterious room and looked around. I heard shuffling coming from a corner of the room. It was encased in boxes. I backed away slowly, unsure of what to do.

Chills went down my spine as I backed my body closer to the door. I was fully focused on where the sound was coming from, just incase something or someone popped out. I quickly ran out of the room and into Jack's recoding room. It was an instinct.

"Jack! Wake up!" I shook his unconscious body until he jolted up. His eyes were filled with fear and alertness.

"Huh? Mark what the hell is going on?" He rubbed his eyes and looked around him. I could tell he knew he wasn't in that position when he fell asleep.

"Oh, I put you there. You fell asleep at your desk. Anyway, that's not why I woke you," I continued, "there's strange noises coming from in your guest room." I quickly explained the rest of the story, including going into the guest room.

His face turned emotionless as he listened to my rant. He clenched his fists around the blanket I put on him and threw it off with force. It landed on the floor besides the couch. His eyes yelled 'pissed off' as he started rising to his feet.

"What did you see?" He asked me while looking into my eyes but occasionally looking away around the room.

"I didn't look, Jack. Is there anything you need to tell me? What the hell is in that room?" I started to grow concerned at the way he was acting. He broke a sweat by just sitting there. I could tell something was off and he was nervous.

He didn't answer me so I stepped closer to his discombobulated stance. "Sean. Look me in the eyes. Then tell me what's in there. If there's nothing, just say it. If there's something, just tell me. If you don't say a word, then I know you don't trust me enough and don't consider me trustworthy to know what the hell is going on." I stared straight through his blue orbs.

Jack's eyes started to water with potential tears. I could practically see his mind contemplating to complete an action or not to. My eyebrows furrowed while I was taking in what was happening in front of me. Still he did not say one word.

I started to speak again. "F-Fine. It was none of my business, anyway." Something weird is going on here. He always told me everything. That's what best friends do usually. I had to admit, my feeling were sort of hurt. I wiped my eyes, not realizing tears were ready to spill. I wasn't someone who usually cried over something like this but I just felt betrayed in a way. Jack and I have grown closer as time went on. Not being trusted by a friend hits me right in the 'feels' as people say these days.

I stared to walk away and out of the room. I tried to get out of there as soon as I could. My mind and body were both over tired. My body aches from fatigue. I still had some jet lag. I need to get out. I was suddenly stopped by a pale hand. I was swung around by Sean and met by his gaze. I didn't realize how tired he looked, how he didn't look normal, how he looked... insane.

He frowned and said, "I'm sorry, Mark." I smiled at his apology but regretted it right away. My guard was let down.

The next thing I knew my ears were met by a sound of a metal baseball bat hitting a skull. Pain filled my head and an instant headache was formed.  I was on the ground and unconscious. Even in my blacked out state, I felt betrayed.

•••
A/N:

Don't hate me please. If you do you'll get over it ;).

Anyway, I'll seeya in the next chapter!

-S