{Chapter 17 - It Was Fun While It Lasted}

-=Addison's Point of View=-

A bright light hit my eyes lids causing me to wake up. My eyes fluttered open and saw a ray of sunshine come through the windows. The light came in and landed perfectly on my face. The light looked golden and sparkled when I looked at it.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a groan. I looked around and saw I was snuggled close to Jack's body. My head rested on his mildly hairy chest and my arm wrapped around his torso with my hand hanging on the other side of him.

I immediately snapped up and moved away slowly to avoid fully waking him. I felt the soft sheets move against my skin as I shuffled away. I laid my head back down and turned to face the opposite way of him.

"Snuggle time over already, princess?" Sean's voice startled me when he spoke. I sighed in embarrassment and put the pillow I was laying on over my head. All I saw was the pillow covering my eyes. He chuckled as I did this and must have gotten up. I felt the dip in the bed where he was laying subside. I didn't respond to his comment.

"Cat got your tongue?" He asked me rudely. My ears absorbed the sound of his feet taking him to different points of the room. The floors creaked with every movement he made. I started to speak from under the pillow.

"Screw off, Sean." I ordered and I heard the movement stop. Taking off the pillow from my head, my eyes were met with a pissed off looking Jack. "What's your problem?"

Jack's chuckle made me cringe and made me nervous. "I don't think I heard that correctly. Was that an order for me?" He emphasized 'me.'

"I don't think I take orders from you." He stepped closer. "Last time I checked I'm the one that gives orders, not receive them." After he finished his sentence a sharp pain stung my face. I screamed because it took me by surprise. His hand had just collided with the skin on my face. I closed my eyes shut because it hurt so badly.

I groaned in pain as he said, "There's more where that came from, Addy." He gave me a smirk and threw on a shirt. Sean stepped out of the room and into the hallway. The click of the lock echoed in the room. I was left alone again. At this moment I was glad.

I jumped out of the very comfortable bed and walked over to the mirror. As I walked I felt weak. The lack of nutrition and fluids did a number on me. As I looked into the mirror, I saw I lost a little bit of weight. My collarbone was more defined as before which was a clue I shed some weight. It wasn't a healthy way.

The red mark on my cheek burned when I touched it with my fingertip. I rolled my eyes. Another one for the collection. I closed my eyes and leaned on the dresser where the mirror was laying on. I tried to think of Robert. He made me feel better without even trying. This event reminded me of a similar one. My mind drifted off into thought.

{Addison's Flashback}

I flicked on the television and logged into Netflix. No I didn't chill with anyone for anyone still making that joke. I browsed through and chose Grey's Anatomy to watch. It's one of my favorites and I've watched all the seasons already.

My father stepped into the house with a stumble. I turned my head and saw he was flat out drunk again. My muscles tensed up with fear of being hit again.

"D-Dad? How much did you have to drink?" He followed the sound of my voice and spotted me. His eyes couldn't focus on me because of the alcohol in his system.

"Why d-d-does it ma-matter to ya?" He slurred his words and limped over to the living room, almost tipping over.

"I care about you dad. Why don't you come and sit down. I'll get you some water and you can rest." I offered with a sweet tone. I saw drunken anger rise in his eyes. I walked over to him and took his hand, attempting to lead him to the couch.

"You do-do-do not tell me what t-to do, young la-ady. I'm in charge here." With that, he slapped his hand across my face. I was stunned because I thought I was being a good daughter. The pain hurt me physically and emotionally. Tears started to spill out of my eyes and blurred my vision. He smiled at his actions and collapsed to the couch.

I ran to my room. My feet took me up the stairs and into a hallway. What else was I suppose to do in an emotionally disturbed state. My mind wasn't thinking correctly. I felt weak and like I was a servant under a master. When mom died that's all I felt.

I fell onto my bed and cried my eyes out. My tears spilled everywhere. I grabbed my phone. The first number I called was Robert's.

The phone rang twice and he picked up. I sobbed into the phone when he greeted me. "Addy? What's going on?"

"My father," I paused, "he hit me again, Robert." My voice cracked.

"I'll be on my way. Don't move." I nodded even though he couldn't see me.

Twenty minutes later I heard a bang on my window. I smiled when I opened my curtains and saw Robert standing below.

"Hey, cutie," he greeted me from down there, "want to blow this popsicle stand?" His million dollar smiled seemed to glow. I let out a laugh and slid down the side of the house. We found a technique that worked since we've done this many times before.

My feet landed and I met the hard grass below. He automatically hugged me and engulfed my body into his. It always felt so right. The rest of the night consisted of ice cream, tears, movies and more food.

{Addison's Flashback Over}

I wiped my tears that were shed because I missed Robert. I would kill for another hug from him. I didn't like him romantically but he was definitely my best friend. At least I don't think I like him that way.

I made my way over to the window and looked out it. Cars were moving freely up and down the road. I missed my freedom. My mind told me to get out but part of my heart told me to stay with Jack. If he let me have freedom maybe I'd like him. Except for the fact he's a psychopath. He confuses me.

Out of no where I felt two hands push my body into a wall. I hit the wall and fell to the floor. While pushing my body up from the ground I saw a smiling Jack. I rolled my eyes and stood on my two feet. What was that for? I didn't say it out loud because he would give me some smart ass response. My back ached from the sudden force of his hands.

"Hey, babe." He called me. He didn't deserve to call me that nickname. He was repulsive.

"Don't call me that." I retorted. I glared at him and spit at his feet. His laughter filled the room.

"Giving me orders again? Shame." His foot collided with my stomach. "I'd stop if I were you."

Kindness has definitely left his mindset.

It was fun while it lasted.  

•••

A/N:

What's up my homie Gs? How's your day?

Sowwey this chapter sucks.

Story progresses more in the next one!

Bye(:

-S