You Will Be The Death of Me ( Draco Malfoy Fanfiction) Ch 28

I ended up crashing on the first couch that I managed to sit on. It was later on that night when I felt someone touch my shoulder.

Snapping away, I almost bump heads with George.

"Hey, it's just me," he says smiling, "You were asleep, we didn't want to wake you."

I look around the room, "Where is everyone?"

He sits down beside me, "They've already turned in for the night, I thought this would give us a chance to talk."

I nod, all the practicing, the rehearsing that I had done about this moment didn't have me one but prepared. I felt like every nerve in my body was on alert and I couldn't think where to begin.

"I think" he starts before I have a chance to speak, "I think I can be okay with you being on friendly terms with Malfoy."

My eyes widen in surprise.

"I was upset the other day, possibly jealous seeing him that close to you, but I don't want you to not have friends, even if they are once that I don't like."

I bite my lip, thinking how much it will hurt him when I tell him that I had been on a more than friendly basis with Draco.

"I trust you Leianna," he continues, "I may not trust him, but if you want to be friends with him, I can accept that. I just don't want to lose you."

Well damn....

"I think we really have something between us and I don't want to throw it all away because of my insecurities."

I couldn't tell him, there was no what I could bring myself to hurt him like that. I needed wait, this wasn't the time, not after everything he just said.

"Please say something," he says as he reaches out and takes my hand, "Say something, let me know that we are okay."

I muster up a smile on my face even thought my insides were churning, "We're okay George."

He lets out a breath, "Thank Merlin." He pulls me to him in a hug. I close my eyes, my mind drifting to what I would exactly tell Draco now.

__________________________________________________

Why did Umbridge have to be such a pain in the ass? I see now why so many people hate her.

We haven't been practicing self defense at all, instead she has us writing stupid papers that gave us no real knowledge about protection from the dark arts.

I had my D.A.D.A book out in front of me looking up what I needed to write the paper.

"Studying?" Draco asks catching my attention. I look up at him and then back down at my book.

"I'm trying to," I reply glancing up once again. I look around to see if anyone had noticed us talking.

Luckily there are only two other students in here at the time and they were not paying us any attention.

"So how did it go with Weasley the other night?" he asks, "Did you tell him?"

I search the pages of my book, avoiding his gaze, "I couldn't bring myself to."

"I knew you couldn't do it."

My eyes meet his, "You didn't see him, you didn't hear everything he was saying to me. I couldn't hurt him like that."

He lets out a sigh, "Is this really what you want Leianna? You were so sure breaking up is what you wanted just the other day, and now, here you are still in a relationship to protect someone else's feelings, what about your own?"