You Will Be The Death of Me ( Draco Malfoy Fanfiction) Ch 38

Another week had come and gone. Draco had given me the space I wanted but now I was missing him more than ever. It's kind of ironic in a way; even though he shattered my heart I still manage to miss him.

"Leianna," I hear my name being called.

"What?" I ask as snapping out of my thoughts.

"You did it again," Hermione says to me while looking frustrated.

"No I didn't," I retort, "I just..."

"Spaced out," she finishes.

I down my head guiltily, "Sorry."

She sighs and looks down at her paper sternly, "What's so boring about it?"

"It's not that it's boring," I explain, "It's just I have a lot on my mind," I add knowing she will pick up on what I was talking about.

"Oh," she replies shortly as she lays the paper aside.

"I miss him, it's weird not seeing him at all," I tell her as I bring my legs up to rest my head on my knees.

"I can imagine," she replies as she sits down next to me, "but you haven't been acting like it's bothering you for over a week."

"I've been fighting it but it's really getting to me now," I explain to her, "Do you think he was telling me the truth when he said he still loved me?"

She looked a little taken back at first, "I think...." She looked a little nervous.

"Hermione?"

"Did you ever consider maybe he wasn't the one for you?" she asks instead.

"What? Why would you say that?"

"Because, I mean look at how it has been since you two first met," she explains, "Now compare it to let's say your relationship with George. You two were perfect together."

"Hermione, I'm not going to get back with George if that's what you're hinting towards."

"But why now, don't you have feelings for him?"

"Of course I do, I will always love George," I say, "But I'm in love with Draco," I clarify.

She nods her head letting me know she understood.

Silence then falls between us as we sit there. Then, she lets out a sigh, "You need to talk to him."

I look at her confused, Hermione of all people is suggesting I talk with Draco.

"You need to know how he feels about you," she states.

"Really, you think so?" I ask her lifting my head up off my knees.

"I do, even though I still don't like him," she replies smiling at me.

"I guess I could write him a letter."

"Well you write it, and I will give it to him," she tells me.

I narrow my eyes and look at her curiously, "You want to give it to him?"

"Yes, I will give it to Draco tonight, I'm sure one of his goons are lurking around causing mischief," she says.

"Okay as long as he gets it," I tell her giving her a firm look.

"I promise he will," she replies.

I get up and walk over to the small desk that set in between our beds.

I pick up a quill and a piece of parchment.

I was ready to hear him out; I wanted to know if there ever was and if there was ever going to be anything between us. I was tired of feeling like this. Needing to know the truth outweigh my feeling of betrayal.