You Will Be The Death of Me ( Draco Malfoy Fanfiction) Ch 55

I folded my last sweater and put it in my trunk. I look up at my owl that was perched up in her cage.

"You ready to leave Mya?" I ask a reach inside her cage and take her out. I brush her feathers loving the way their softness felt on my hands. I walk over to the window and unlatch the latch.

"I will see you soon," I tell her as I hold her up towards the sky. Without hesitation she spreads her wings and flies away.

I watch her until she was out of my sight. I then turn around and make my way back over to my bed. I run my hand over the bedspread as I think about my first day here at Hogwarts. I would have never guessed my life would have turned out the way it did.

I had some interesting times this year, some good and others... well not so great. To be honest though, I wouldn't have changed it, I believe it all happened for a reason.

As I just stood there reminiscing, I hear the door open and I hear someone enter.

"Didn't you hear, the ministry had many of the deatheaters arrested," I hear a feminine voice say.

"I heard that one of them was Malfoy's father," another states.

My eyes widen as I listen. I had left before everything was over, I had been sent to the hospital wing so I had no idea about what had happened to the deatheaters.

I sit up and walk around the bed to see it was Katie Bell along with one of her friends.

They look up at me as they realize I had heard what they were discussing.

"Lucius Malfoy was caught?"

She looks over at her friend them back at me, "I only heard Leianna, I'm not sure but I think so," she states a little hesitant, "And I think he was taken to Azkaban."

I gasp and cover my mouth. Draco immediately came to my mind. Does he know? He had to but I wonder how he was taking it. He may not be my boyfriend anymore but it didn't stop the fact I cared about him.

I walk past them and out the door. I knew it was a stupid move, to try and talk to him but had to find him, to make sure he was okay.

I make my way down the staircase and into the main area of the common room.

"Leianna, good to see you are doing better," Ron says causing me to stop briefly. I look over to where the trio was sitting.

Suddenly I became angry. They knew and they never thought to tell me.

"I'm fine," I state as I walk over to them, "Can you three please explain why no one told me Lucius Malfoy was taken to Azkaban?" I ask looking from Ron to Harry then to Hermione.

All three had a guilty expression to appear on their face.

"We thought it was best you didn't know, given the fact you and Draco..." Hermione goes to explain before trailing off.

"I deserve to know," I tell her, "I might not be with Draco anymore but I do still care about him."

"Were sorry," She says looking over to Harry then Ron. She then looks back at me, "We didn't want to upset you."

I let out a deep breath, "It's okay, I just don't like the fact you three thought you could keep it from me," I explain.

She gives me a weak smile which I try to return.

"I'm going to go talk to him, to see if he's okay," I tell them.

Hermione nods as I turn and walk away.

I open the entrance and make my way towards the staircase.

The hallways were pretty much clear given the fact students were in their dorms getting ready to leave for the summer.