You Will Be The Death of Me ( Draco Malfoy Fanfiction) Ch 5

No sooner did I utter his name I felt my throat go dry. I couldn't speak; no words could form on my lips. I could only look at him in horror, waiting for him to talk. Malfoy, on the other hand, found his words effortlessly.

With a smug grin he looks towards George, "Hello there Weasley, pleasant day we're having isn't it?" he says as he stands up and begins to dust the snow off of himself, acting as if nothing was wrong with the situation.

George just looked at him, infuriation clear on his face. "Very pleasant Malfoy, and I intend to make it better ," George replies balling his fists at his side. He starts walking closer which only made my nerves heighten.

He's going to kill him, I say to myself watching as George comes towards us. Half realizing I was still in the snow and also that Malfoy is about to be murdered, I quickly try to get up, but since I am so uncoordinated I slipped. With quick reflexes Draco reaches out to steady me, but I shrug him off. "Easy Sweary, don't want us to fall again," he murmurs in my ear.

"Shut it Malfoy," I reply bitterly. Thinking it was my best option, I start making my way closer to George. I heard Draco mutter something, but couldn't really make out what he had said. To be honest, I didn't really care. I continue looking ahead. George was uneasy a little as I approached him, still clearly angry.

"It's honestly not what it looked like," I say in a low voice as I walked directly in front of him, bringing my gaze to meet his.

"Oh, and what exactly was it Leianna?" George asks crossing his arms while he stared me down.
I..I... well, he hit me with a snowball. I wanted to get even so..." I I couldn't explain it to him in a way that wouldn't look bad.

"What's a matter Georgie, afraid Leianna might be tired of you?" Draco mocked which kind of made me feel a little relieved because the intense stare I was receiving from George was now directed towards him. "You are pressing you luck Malfoy," George states through gritted teeth, " I think it's best you run along before I blast you all the way home to your mommy."

"Ohh... I'm so scared," Draco replies sarcastically. "I'm leaving anyways," he adds as he shoves his hands in his pockets. Both George and I watch him as he walks away, thankfully. He was making a mess of everything. I reach out and take George's hand hoping he had forgiven me. He tensed up looking down and our enlaced hands but I felt him relax and he gave him a small grin.

"Oh I almost forgot," we hear Malfoy exclaim causing us to look in his direction. He was smirking which had me already dreading what he was about to say. "I just wanted to say thank you Leianna for the fun time, we should do it again soon," he adds before continuing out of sight.

I could've smacked him if I was close enough. That stupid, narcissistic jerk.

"I cannot believe him," I whisper more to myself. However George heard it.

 "I can't believe what I saw," George states looking down at me confused.

"I swear it was nothing. Malfoy was just being... well, himself," I respond coming closer to him. "I'm sorry for it though."

 I waited nervously for him to respond, I still didn't know how mad he was. Finally, after a couple of minutes, I hear him sigh deeply and he wraps his arms around me. I look up and his expression had softened. I could tell he was no longer angry which only caused me to smile. "I can't stay angry with you," he says bringing his head down to rest against mine. I let out a soft laugh, "Good, because I don't like you mad at me."

He laughs lightly and pulls away.

"Lets go look around, before we have to head back," he tells me as he laces his hand tighter in mine. We spend several minutes looking at the shrieking shack in the distance. After a few conversations, mostly about how he needed to say something to Malfoy and me arguing that it wouldn't help.  Finally,  George glances back towards the path that led back to town. "Come on, we will be leaving soon and we don't want to miss the train," he states tugging on my hand. We start making our way back down the path. I was glad all the anger he had earlier had now disappeared.