You Will Be The Death of Me ( Draco Malfoy Fanfiction) Ch 26

Once George was gone, lost in the crowd of people, I let out a sigh. This isn't how I imagined our first encounter back. Not that I assume it would a joyous occasion, but I hadn't expected to see him while shopping with Draco. I feared what would happen when I return to school, and tell him what occurred between Draco and I at his vacation home. I close my eyes and let out a sigh. Perhaps it was for the best, I apparently wasn't much of relationship material. I inhale a deep breath and open my eyes, looking out through the crowd I try to spot my mother, Narcissa, or even Draco. Not seeing one, I cut through the crown, I knew where they want to meet, to return back to the cabin.

Slipping past people, the street was slowly becoming more crowed with shoppers, and eager kids running happily through the streets. 

A hand touches my shoulder making me pause in the crowd, "There you are."

I look over my shoulder and see it was Draco, "I lost you back there," I explain to him.

"What took you so long?"  He falls in step beside me.

"I ran into George." 

"Oh, had quite the reunion did you?" he asks smiling, "Bet he was happy to see you."

Sighing I look away from him, "Actually it was the opposite."

Draco pauses, "What do you mean, did you tell him about...?"

I shake my head before he could finish, "I didn't want to cause a scene in the middle of Diagon Alley. No, he saw us back at the café. Let's just say he wasn't to happy about it."

He looks to me confusion etching his face, "You aren't allowed to have a drink with other people."

Biting my lip I shake my head, "That was just part of it, please, let's just drop it."

I walk ahead of him, making my way through the crowd to the entrance of the alley.

"If he's that easily ticked, imagine what he will do when you tell him what happened between us the other night."

He was right, George will lose it when he finds outmost likely lose it when I tell him about that incident. I had to be one of the most complicated people.

"Let's just not talk about it, I plan to speak to him once we are back at school."

We make our way over to a seat on one of the many benches that stood at the corner of the street. 

We set in silence and I ponder how I will begin to explain to George what had happened, how I could say it in a way that wouldn't result in him wanting to kill Draco or be furious at me. No matter how I looked at it, I knew there was no way to spare his feelings.

I  cover my face with my hands. Perhaps Draco was right, I shouldn't have jumped back into a relationship with George. I apparently wasn't ready to be with him, and let my feelings for Draco go.

"You okay?" I hear Draco ask.

"Miserable," I mumble through my hands. His face seemed to hold genuine concern.

"Perhaps he won't take it so bad."

I give him a dubious expression, "Yeah right."

"He should be happy you even considered dating him," he explains smiling, "You're beautiful and he is... well, a Weasley."

"That's rude Draco, why do you hate him so much?"

"I don't hate the idiot," he replies leaning back, "I just don't particularly like him."

"Have there always been tension between the Malfoy's and Weasley's?" I was interested in knowing. I got the impression that he didn't really get along with any of the Weasley's. I could even guess with the persona if father gives off, he didn't associate with them as well.