You Will Be The Death of Me ( Draco Malfoy Fanfiction) Ch 23

It wasn't till I stepped through a pair of glass doors did I notice that it wasn't just some normal restaurant. This was high class. It was magnificent, candlelight chandeliers hung from the ceiling giving off the perfect amount of lighting. Paintings that look like they had been made during the renaissance hung on the walls welcoming the guests with a bow or curtsey.

"Well what do you think?" Draco asks cutting through my admiration of the building.

"It's beautiful," I reply, "But a bit too much for just friends," I add narrowing my eyes at him.

He shrugs his shoulders, "Well, friends eat at nice places together."

I roll my eyes and follow him to the front as we wait on the host to seat us. 

"Hello, can I help you?"

"Malfoy," Draco gives his last name. Her eyes widen, "Right this way sir."

People watch as we are taken back, no telling how long they had been waiting. 

She shows us to our table.

Draco helps me out of my coat and scoots me up in the seat. Once he sets down the waitress hands us our menus to look through. After we decide, Draco motions for a waitress to come over and she takes our order.

Once she left, Draco turns his attention to me.

"Have you ever been here before?"

I shake my had, "Can't say that I have."

"You like it though don't you?"

Nodding I smile, "Yes, it's beautiful."

He returns the smile as the waitress brings us our drinks.

We make small talk while we wait on our food to arrive. Once my plate was sat in front of me I start to eat.

"So your father died before the first war?" Draco asks.

"Yeah, I was really young when it happened, I don't even remember him at all," I say, "There was an explosion and he didn't make it out."

"So when did your mother remarry?" 

"I was about five, she met John at work. They had went to school together but never really talked," I explained, "You see, mum was a social butterfly.. well at least with other Slytherins, and John was really quiet."

He listens to me talk about my family, genuinely interested.

"So what about your parents," I say turning the subject around, "Your mother seems to set high standards for you."

"What gives you that idea?"

"It just seems that way, when she is talking with you."

"Well she wants the best for me," he explains , "Doesn't every mother want what's best for their child?"

"I suppose," I reply taking a sip from my glass, "But not every mother puts their child first."

"Oh, is that what you think about your mother?"

I shrug, "Sometimes, it seems to me she cares more about making Jon happy than my happiness. I don't mean to sound self-absorbed, but it's just the way I feel sometimes."

"I understand, you don't really have much of a relationship with him do you?"

I sit my glass down and fidget at the rim, "Well, I don't consider him my father." 

We lapse into silence and I focus on my food. It was delicious, I ate almost every bite.

"Tell me about you and that thing you call a boyfriend," Draco finally breaks the silence.