You Will Be The Death of Me ( Draco Malfoy Fanfiction) Ch 37

"I'm so stupid," I tell Hermione, "Why didn't I listen to everyone, I should have listened." I take another tissue and wipe my eyes.

After I finally calmed down from earlier, George took me inside before the professors came out to see what was going on.

Now, in the girls dorm, I sat on my bed, still sobbing, still crying over what had happened earlier.

Hermione gets up off her bed and walks over to me. "Leianna," she says coolly as she sits down beside me, "You are not stupid, you thought he had changed," she explains, "To be honest with you, when we were in Hogsmeade, I and thought he had changed too."

"But I was a bet Hermione, a bet," I state, "He actually planned it all out... everything that had ever happened between me and him was a lie, isn't that just awful?"

"It is," she agrees, "Leianna, if you don't mind me asking, what exactly did he bet?"

I sigh heavily, "Apparently, he had made a bet with his friends, that he... he could.." I couldn't even finish the sentence. Fresh tears streamed down my face, "Why would you do someone like that? Why make them love you? You have to be a terrible person, awful on the inside." I bury my head in my hands, trying to control my breathing.

I feel hands stroking my hair, another on my back, "It's okay Leianna," Hermione soothes in my ear.

I look up to here, "It's not though. I gave him everything, I broke up with George, I thought he really cared for me."

"It's terrible what he done to you, but it happened," she explains, "But you need to be the strong person that I know you are. He isn't worth your tears. You will forget him."

I wish it was that simple, I wish I could forget the guy who stole my first kiss as well as my heart. I loved him and I still do, I can't just let go, it wasn't that easy.

"I can't forget him," I tell her.

She pulls away and looks at me sincerely, "You have to try."

It was the truth, I needed to try, I just hope it is as easy as it was to say it.

***********************************************************

Draco.....

"Can you enlighten me on how George Weasley found out about the bet, and knew exactly where to find us?" I ask my friend in the common area.

Crabbe fidgets with is figures, refusing to look at me, "I.....I don't know."

I stop pacing, "Let me say this again, either you tell me who told George Weasley about the bet or I'll," I take out my wand just to scare him but he starts confessing

"Draco it wasn't me, it was Blaise," he mumbles.

"So it was Blaise." I should have guessed this much. Goyle and Crabbe were too stupid to form such a plan.

I grip my wand firmly in my hand as start towards the dorm where I knew Blaise would be.

I open the door to find him lying on his bed.

"Ahhh, Draco there you are," he says smiling.

I say nothing; I walk over to where he was and pick him up by his shirt.

A startled look crosses his face and I look to him in fury, "What the hell is wrong with you Blaise?"

"What do you mean Draco?"

"Why the hell would you tell George Weasley about the bet," I clarify.

"I cannot help what he overheard," he states as he attempts to remove my hand from his shirt.