You Will Be The Death of Me ( Draco Malfoy Fanfiction) Ch 30

"Things are getting pretty crazy around here," I hear a first year say as she waited for the fat lady to let us into the door.

"I know, did you hear , Potter has created a little rebellion club," the other girl says.

"Shhh... we don't want no one to find out, Umbridge would expel all of them," the first scolds the other, "This is supposed to be a secret."

Their conversation goes silent but my interest only peaks. Why hadn't I heard anything about this? I was, after all, friends with Harry, why wasn't I part of this "Secret club" that these first years were talking about?

Have my friends been keeping things from me purposefully? Come to think of it I hadn't really been seeing much of the trio lately.

I bite my lip, feeling uneasy with the thoughts running through my head. I step into the common area and see yet another first year pacing the floor.

"Leianna, are you Leianna Seary?" he asks me looking frantic.

I smile, "That's me."

He doesn't return the smile, he only extends his hand, "Here," he places a note in my hand.

I look down at the folded paper, "Who was this from?" I question the boy.

"Some Slytherin guy, he said if I didn't give you that he would turn me into a rat."

"Well, I will personally take care of him for threatening you, thank you for delivering this to me."

This time he smiles, "Thank you kindly." He steps around me and heads back towards the entrance.

I glance around making sure no one had heard my conversation with the boy. When I seen that it was safe I open the note.

It had only one word.

Bridge....

I let out a frustrated sigh, damn him.

*****************************

Walking towards the bridge had me wishing for spring. I was so looking forward to warmer weather, I was sick of the snow. A few snow showers would be okay, but this was all the time.

I hugged into my cloak as I made my way over to where I saw Draco standing.

He looked like his normal self, over confident, cocky, and of course incredibly annoying.

He was leaning over the edge of the bridge lost in thought.

"Got your note, "I state causing him to look my way and that all too familiar smirk appears on his face.

I fight back the flutters in my stomach and continue towards him.

He directs his attention back to the view the bridge provided.

"What did you say to that first year?" I ask him once I was at his side.

"Nothing much, just the usual intimidation," he replies as he stands straight.

"You had him really scared, that was uncalled for," I explain as I take a seat on the stone rail.

"I don't care about a first year Gryffindor and would you please not sit on that." He looked very annoyed.

"What's wrong with being a first year... and a Gryffindor?" I ask him, "And why does this make you nervous?" I add leaning back.

"Leianna," he warns as he reaches out grabbing my hand. He yanks me off of the rail and directly in front of him.

"I wasn't going to fall, stop being paranoid."

"Well I don't like you risking it," he explains, "And to answer you earlier question I treat first years like they should be treated."

"You're atrocious you know that?"

"Really, is that what you think of me?" he asks, "Just a big bad bully?"

"Among other things..." I mutter causing him to stifle a laugh.

I uncross my arms and push him away.

"What..." he says laughing.

"You're too annoying for your own good," I reply turning away from him.

"You're the one who gets worked up over nothing," he counters.

"Why did you want me to come out here?"

"I heard some rumors that you and George aren't an item anymore," he replies to my question.

"Wow, I knew word travels, but that was pretty fast," I exclaim leaning over the rail, "Who did you hear that from?"

"I have my sources."

"Really, are you keeping tabs on me?" I joke.

"Perhaps," he replies resting his hand on either side of me. I could feel him leaning into me.

"That's pathetic, even for you."

"Well let's just say I like to know what you are up to sometimes," he says, "Now tell me if it is true, did you break up with him?"

"Why do you want to know so badly?" I ask just to drag it out to irritate him.

"Isn't it obvious?" He leans in close to me, his breath tickled the hair on the back of my neck sending a shutter down my spine.

He kisses me lightly there. I close my eyes, enjoying the feeling that his kisses bring.

"Why do you care so much?" I ask for no reason at all. He lifts his hands and spins me around to face him.

"Because now I can freely do this," he replies as he brings his head closer to mine.

I close my eyes automatically waiting for him to kiss me but I don't feel his lips against mine. Instead he brushes them down my jaw line mischievously. My breath quickens in anticipation as he then brings his lips to mine kissing me lightly.

I knew he was teasing me purposely but I was to the point where I didn't care.

I reach out placing my hands in his hair and I pull, crushing his lips to mine.