You Will Be The Death of Me ( Draco Malfoy Fanfiction) Ch 29

"This is ridiculous, and killing my legs" I state as we take the last turn on the staircase.

My legs hurt from walking up the flight of stairs that led to the top of the tower, "This makes me feel so out of shape," I had breathlessly as I lean up against the wall to rest.

Draco glances back at me looking me over, "Nahhh... your body is perfect, you're just lazy," he replies.

"Wow a compliment and an insult in the same sentence."

"Well it's the truth, your body is..." he goes to explain but I stop him, "Say no more, I don't believe I want to hear what you think about my body."

He only smiles at me as we enter into the tower.

Empty from all students or a professor I glance over the room, "So how did you get the permission to come up here, I always thought it was off limits unless you had the class."

"Who says I have permission," he replies.

I shake my head at him, "I should have guess that much, so what's the big surprise?"

"Come look," he motions for me to follow him. He leads me to where the telescopes were, pointing out at the night sky.

He begins messing with one, tuning it, sighting it in to the area of the sky he was searching.

"Here, look," he says stepping back. I step closer to the telescope, to him and peer into the lens.

"I don't see..." I started to tell him I didn't see anything but then as I focused the lens I saw what he had attended me to see, a comet. It was beautiful and bright, with one of the longest tales. I had never saw one through a telescope before. The trip was worth this, worth looking at the miracle of nature, it's own magic.

I feel him shift closer to me, "Well, what do you think?"

"I had never seen one before," I tell him as I stand straight glancing out the tower at the comet, "It's beautiful."

"I thought you might like it."

"I do," I say, "how did you know it was passing tonight?"

"I had read it in the Prophet a while back," he begins to explain, "And then one of the astronomy nerds where saying it would be visible tonight. I think some of them will be up here in a few hours, it's not at it's peak yet."

"Wow, Draco Malfoy is a bit of an astronomy nerd," I state as I look back down into the telescope at the comet once again, "Never seen it coming."

"I have a thing for natural beauty, it's a weakness of mine."

I laugh but continue to gaze at the comet, trying to take a mental image of it's beauty.

"So do I get something in return?" Draco asks touching the side of my waist.

"Depends," I reply, "If it's not nothing physical."

He spins me around, taking me by surprise.

"Not physical," I repeat myself.

He smiles and touches my cheek.

I sigh into his hand, "This is the opposite of what I'm saying Draco."

He chuckles and runs his hand to the nape of my neck, "I never agreed to it."

He pulls me to him, his lips landing on mine.

*****************************************************

The next day seemed to drag by. The classes seemed to go by so slow. By the time I finished my last class, I felt completely drained. After it was dismissed, I basically run up the stairs towards the Gryffindor Common Room.