You Will Be The Death of Me ( Draco Malfoy Fanfiction) Ch 6

*********************************************************************************************

"Do you see it?" I ask as we travelled further into the forest, "Snape is going to kill us for being this far out," I continued to follow Draco through the thick shrubbry as he tried to locate exactly which was the snake had went.

"Stop complaining," he mutters not stopping or slowing down.

"Excuse me?"

" Sweary, we will never find the damn thing with you blabbering.
"
Is he for real? I question myself. Not long ago he was leaning in to kiss me and now he's back to his jerk of a self.

"There it is," he says slowing down, "Now shut it and I will get the egg," he adds as he crutches down.

" I woul.." I go to warn him but he only waves me off. Fine stupid.

"Ouch dammit," he yells pulling his hands back.

"I was going to tell you that you need gloves," I held up a pair Snape had given us, "to get the egg, otherwise you will burn yourself."

"You knew it was going to burn me?" 

"I tried to warn you," I argue as I reach down to pick up the egg. 

"Let's get out of here." He takes off walking so fast I almost drop the eggs to keep up.

"Malfoy wait up!" I yell trying to pick up pace. He continues on though, ducking under brush, stepping over fallen trees.

"Fine, go on you jerk," I yell. 

Somewhere in between my bitter rage and cussing under my breath I tripped sending me flying forwards. But before I could fall I felt to hands steady me, "Will you keep up?" Draco says letting me go once I was steadily on my feet. "The egg ok?"
I hold up the small jar I had put it in, "Yeah."

"Good, let's go."

The rest of the time it took to meet up with the class was in silence. The rest of the students hadn't found the egg because they didn't know how. Snape had forbidden us to say how we came across ours, probably to scold the other students later. Finally sensing that the students were never going to find an egg, he called for us all to head back to class.

"Since Mr. Malfoy and Ms. Sweary were lucky enough to find an Ashwinder egg, let's let them explain how everyone else could have," Snape says to the class. He motions us to stand and we do.

He motions us to start and I turn, looking at Draco to explain since he was the one who actually figured it out, as much as I hated to admit that.

"Well," Snape says looking at both of us.

"Well we looked for a while for a fire but couldn't find one," I say sheepishly, "So Malfoy used a spell to start a fire."

He smirked at me, as if I had complimented him. "Yes, then we waited and the Ashwinder appeared in the ashes," he explains.

"And that's how we got the egg," I finish.

Snape actually looked at us as if we were truly impressed. "Good, since no one else seemed to figure it out, 10 points for both of your houses," Snape says, "Now you can sit."

"Since getting the ingredients to longer than I had expected, we will be mixing the potion next class," Snape says dismissing the class.

I gather my books and start for the door. I walk out into the hallway which was steadily filling with more students. Someone slightly bumped me as I walked towards the great hall to eat lunch with George. I look to my right to see it was Draco that had ran into me. "Excuse me," I utter under my breath, he seriously needed to sort out his priorities and get his mood swings checked out.