You Will Be The Death of Me ( Draco Malfoy Fanfiction) Ch 43

The drive back to my family home was conversational, especially my mother. She had taken a key interest in speaking to Draco. She asked him so many questions about his family, school, and even his interests. He answered her thoughtfully, keeping his manners. It was out of character for him, usually only with me he was this genuine. When we arrive, my mother tasked me with showing Draco to his temporary room. When had only one extra room, so it wasn't hard to figure out where she was putting him for the break. While she instructed the house elves to handle the baggage, I led Draco on into the house, so I could show in around.

My house was pretty simple. I cross the den area towards the spare room that sat off to the side. Opening the door I turn to Draco, "Here it is, it might not be as elegant as you are use to."

He says nothing and enters the room. I watch as he takes in the appearance of the room. It was simple enough; the room has maroon colored carpet with curtains that matched them. The bedding was a simple cream white. The pillows, a mixture or the maroon red and white, lay out on the bed.

"I like it," he states as he walks over and touches the fabric, "It's simple."

I clasp my hand in the other, "What's your room like?" I ask him as I walk further into the room, "At the manor."

He turns around and looks at me, "It's bigger," he replies a grin creeping on his face.

"I guessed that much," I state sarcastically while rolling my eyes. Anyone could have guessed that, the Malfoy's had money. They could afford anything they wished.

"It's..." Draco states while he thinks of how to describe it to me, "Well for one it is more darkly decorated," he states comparing it to the room we are in.

"Imagine that."

"But in a relaxing way," he adds.

He turns from the bed back to me. I step closer to him and he meets in the middle of the room. I can't help but smile as he puts his hands around my waist and pulls me into a hug.

"Like for instance the bed in my room is so comfy and relaxing," he states causing me to wonder was that an implication or him stating an actual fact, I didn't know and with him... there was no telling.

"Ok... ohhh.." I go to question him about why he said that but before I could he slips his hand down and picks me up.

"What in bloody hell are you doing?" I ask as I put my arms around his neck.

He walks towards the bed and then throws me own it.

"I was testing this bed, to see if it's relaxing too," he states as he leans over me.

"And you needed me to figure it out?"

"Of course," he replies as he lies down beside me.

It had been a while since we were this intimate and I have to admit, I really missed it.

I reach up and link my arms around his neck bringing him closer to me.

He closes the gap between us and his lips meet mine just with a soft touch.

It still amazed me how he still managed to make my heart race, stomach flutter, and skin prickle with excitement by just kissing me.

However, as if my mother knew the exact moment we would be fixing to go a little further than we should, she yells for us to come to the kitchen.

"Let's pretend we didn't hear her," I tell Draco as I bend my head forwards searching for his lips.

He chuckles at me, "Then she will send someone to get us, or worse come after us herself," he replies.

I groan and push him back, "Let's go then," I say as I brush my now messed up hair into place.

"Don't be mad, believe me I would love to just shut that door and stay in here," he exclaims as he walk up behind me and puts his arms around my waist.

I laugh lightly and lay my head back against him.

"Leianna!" I hear my mother yell again.

"That woman is going to drive me crazy."

He slides his hands free and takes hold of mine, "Come on love, let's go," he tells me as he pulls me out of the door.

The kitchen didn't set to far from room. As I got closer, I immediately smell the food and did it ever smell so good.

I lead Draco towards the dining room where I knew my mother would have everything set up.

I pass through the aisle way and see the most amazing looking meal I think my mother had ever prepared.

"Wow, this looks like a holiday meal mom," I state as I glance at all the different kinds of food that lay on the table.

My mother looks up from her chair and smiles, "We have a guest Leianna."

I take a seat opposite of her and Draco sits down beside me.

I glance at the empty seat beside my mother, "John still hasn't made it back yet?"

"No Leianna, he's busy right now," she replies sounding irritated, "I must say, I have never seen you so eager to see your step-father."

"I'm not eager to see him, only curious of why he always seems to be gone," I reply. When we were at the Malfoy's he was always gone, when we got to the train stop he wasn't there, and now he still wasn't back. I find that very odd considering his job at the ministry never called for him traveling.

It didn't take a master mind to figure out something was odd about that or the fact they were trying to cover up something.

I didn't know if I should be worrying or even if I should really care. After all, it couldn't be that bad whatever it is. If so wouldn't they have told me?

"The dinner looks lovely," Draco says to my mother, "And such a variety."

She beams, "Well help yourself, I didn't know what you would like so I had multiple dishes fixed. I hope everything is to your liking."

We all begin making our plates with the various foods. I took chicken, potatoes, and some spinach. I would try to stay away from the desserts till the end.

"This is delicious," Draco tells my mother after a bite of his potatoes, "The food is amazing."

"Thank you Draco dear," she replies, "I hope you will try the pie, I made it myself."

"I definitely will."

I spend the rest of the dinner in mild conversation between my mother and Draco. Since she was more keen on speaking with him, I mainly listened. John never returned, even after we finished. It brings me back to my previous thoughts on the situation. There had to be more going on the what I was being told.