You Will Be The Death of Me ( Draco Malfoy Fanfiction) Ch 35

"You didn't have to do that," Hermione says to me as we walk out of the store.

"Nonsense, you needed a dress, I wanted to get it for you." It took me forever to actually get her to let me buy the dress. Hermione isn't the type of girl who likes to feel like she was receiving handouts.

"But still, you didn't have to."

I smile to her, "You know, just a simple thank you is all that's necessary."

She laughs and shakes her head, "Very well, thank you Leianna, I really appreciate it."

I return the smile and bump her shoulder with mine. I missed this, spending time with her. Lately, the only conversation we had was about my reckless in dating Draco. It's nice to just have girl time with her.

As if knowing my thoughts had drifted to him, Draco walks in front of us and we stop.

"Find everything you needed?" he asks me shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Yes, and a little more," I reply smiling over at Hermione.

"Which one did you decide on?"

I hide my store bag behind my back, "Can't tell you, it's a surprise."

He smiles at me, "Fine surprise me then."

"Hey Leianna," Hermione says cutting into the conversation.

Both Draco and I look at her.

"I'm going to go and umm... find Harry and Ron, do you want me to take your bag?"

"I got it, thanks anyways," I reply, "It was nice to spend some time with you."

She nods then turns.

"Hey Hermione," I call to her and she turns back around, "Thanks for helping me."

She smiles and nods her head again then starts walking away.

"Granger really does hate me," Draco says blankly.

I look to him, "So, does that bother you?"

He smirks, "Not one bit." I roll my eyes and he slips his hand in mine.

"Come on, let's go Honeydukes."

"You buy?"

"Sure, why not," he replies as we start to walk.

Draco made a mistake when he told me once we were inside that I could get whatever I wanted. I walked out of the store with one giant lollipop, fours chocolate frogs, some jelly beans, and a bagful of taffy.

I bite into a chocolate frog like it was about to jump out of my hand, which it almost did when I opened it.

"Wow Leianna, I never knew you were such a pig," Draco states as we walk down the sidewalk.

I look at him astonished.

"What it's true, I can't believe you are going to eat all that."

"Are you calling me fat Draco?" I ask him as I take another bite.

"No, but honestly I don't see how your skinny," he replies truthfully, "I've seen you eat over break."

I let his hand go and smack him on the arm, "You are so rude sometimes, you know that?"

"Yeah but you like me," he states smirking.

"Sadly yes," I reply, "You want some?" I ask him as I shove the chocolate towards his face.

He dodges the chocolate easily, "No I don't want chocolate but I will take a kiss."

I smile and lean in towards him but before I could really get close to him he stops me.