Part 105

Aaron Hotchner's POV

The doctor said he would keep us for today, but we could leave later in the day. So we asked if it was possible to have a bed. They accepted.

Oliver is into the crook of my right arm and Emily is sleeping on my chest.

Suddenly, Emily begins to move and to scream.

"Let me go! Let us go! No! Don't do that! Please! I swore I wouldn't start again!"

I make a sign to a nurse to take Oliver and put him in his cradle. She asks me if everything is fine.

"Yes. I'm gonna calm her down and it'll be okay."

I put my hand in Emily's hair and I try to gently wake her up. She wakes up, screaming and crying.

"Shhhhhh... Sweetheart, it's okay... It was only a bad dream... Shhhhh... It's fine... I'm there..."

"I'm so sorry, Aaron. I'm so sorry."

"For what?"

She gets up and takes a deep breath.

"I need a break. I'm just so stressed. Can you stay with Oliver? I need to see JJ. It's just..."

"It's okay, Emily. You don't have to explain everything. If you need to talk to JJ, it's okay."

"Thank you. Warn me when Oliver could leave."

"I will."

She wipes her tears and she kisses Oliver.

"Goodbye Oliver. Mommy loves you."

And she leaves.

I take out my phone and dial a number.

"Hey, Hotch. What's wrong?"

"Dave, I need your help."

"I'm coming."

And he hangs up.

A few minutes later, he's sat beside me.

"I... I... I just don't know... Emily's acting so strange! Did you remark that?"

"Of course I did. She seems so stressed. Did she see a psychologist?"

"Yeah... But I don't think it helped. Before we buried our daughter, she was depressed. And now she's depressed and stressed!"

"Did you questioned her?"

"I didn't. Because... I don't know... I don't think it's the right time to question her."

"You should question her. You should talk to her and ask her what's wrong. And if she says that nothing is wrong, you just have to say that it's because she's acting strangely."