Part 36

Emily Prentiss' POV

It is 1am, and I hear my phone ringing. Aaron is beside me. He taps a little bit on my shoulder.

"You should answer," he says with his tired voice.

I answer the phone.

"You need a really really really good reason to wake me up at 1am. Someone must be dying."

"It's JJ," Spencer says, worrying.

"What's going on with her?" I say, beginning to worry too.

"We're at the hospital. I think it's the baby, I'm not sure."

"Okay. I'm coming. Do you want that I call someone else?"

"You can call the rest of the team or wait until the morning,"

"Okay. I get up and I dress up. I'm coming soon," I say, hanging up.

"Who was it?" Aaron says, a little bit more awake.

"It was Spencer. JJ is at the hospital. They think it's the baby. You can come or wait until the morning, but I'll go there now."

"I'm coming."

We quickly dress up, and we embark in the car. Aaron is driving fast to the hospital.

We arrive in less than 15 minutes. We enter in the waiting room, and we see Spencer. I run over to him, and I sit at his right.

"Do you have any news?" I ask.

"They are doing her some tests," he responds.

Aaron gets up and takes his phone.

"What are you doing?" I ask to him.

"I'm calling the rest of the team to warn them and to say to them that they can take the day off."

I see that Spencer is very worrying. I hold his hand.

"It'll be okay. I'm sure that the baby is fine. It'll be alright," I say.

A doctor comes.

"Mr. Reid."

"Yes, it's me."

"You need to sign that papers. We need to operate your wife. She has some abdominal contractions that can be dangerous for the fetus. It is nothing to worry about for now. We will 'fix' the nerves that don't run correctly. And she'll be okay. And the fetus too."

He takes the pen, and he signs. After that, he comes back to his place. He looks so nervous.

"She said that it'll be alright," I say to him, looking him in his eyes.