Part 87

Emily Prentiss' POV

JJ and Hotch left an hour ago with Oliver, Jaeden, and Hope. The hospital isn't a good place for babies. Hotch said that he'd help JJ. I said it was okay if there's anything I just have to call him.

Someone enters the room.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Lawrence Raycraft. You must be Mrs. Prentiss."

"Emily."

"Emily, right. I'm the psychologist of the hospital. A nurse told me you need a psychologist. So..."

"I don't have to talk to a psychologist! I'm alright."

"I'm not here to obligate you to talk. But I have to stay at least during one hour and a half. So, I'm just gonna sit right there. I won't bother you."

The man sits. He takes a book and begins to read.

"It was horrible," I say.

The man looks at me and closes his book.

"What happened?"

"I was pregnant. I was four months and a half pregnant. We were working on a case; a man who killed pregnant women and their baby. Since I was one-month pregnant, the Unsub was haunting me. I mean, I dreamed of him a few times..."

"What were those dreams about?"

"I was giving birth while we were on a case. The team helped me. And then the Unsub we were about to arrest took my baby and stabbed her. And the team was laughing at me."

"Did your friends tell you it was only a dream?"

"Only one. I didn't tell the team, except JJ. She knew everything that happened."

"Something else happened?"

"Yeah. One day, I was working on a case and I received a strange call. An unknown number. The man said to me that he was waiting for me. A few days later, I was walking outside because I couldn't sleep. I knew he was watching me. And I was right. He attacked me. He hit me. After that, I went to JJ's home. She made me promise to tell everything to Hotch. But nothing happened after that. Until he abducted me."

"What did he do when he abducted you?"

"He told me I had only thirty minutes to say goodbye to my baby. After thirty minutes, he came back and he attached me. He began by hitting me in the face. Then he hit me only one time in the stomach. It was really painful. I felt something running down my pants. I knew the baby was dead... Then he took, I think it was a knife, I'm not sure. He put it in my stomach. He didn't stab me, he pushed the lamina slowly in my stomach. Despite the pain, I didn't scream. I saw him, he took the baby. The pain... I have no word to describe how it hurt. He took the baby and dropped the baby on the floor and he pitched the knife on the baby. And he stabbed the baby. I couldn't watch.... It was terrible! And then he untied me and pushed me on the floor. And then he put the baby near me. I was weak so I couldn't move... He left, saying who he was going to kill next... I used my last strength to call Hotch and I told him who the Unsub was going to kill and I thought I was going to die. I closed my eyes and I was sure I'd never open them again..."