Part 24

Derek Morgan's POV

We get out of the jet, and we lead to the SUVs which are waiting for us. We drive to the Orange County Sheriff's Office. When we arrive, we meet Sheriff Alan Morrison.

"Hi, I'm SSA Aaron Hotchner, here's SSA Jennifer Jareau, SSA Derek Morgan, SSA David Rossi, SSA Emily Prentiss and Dr. Spencer Reid."

"Nice to meet you, I'm the Sheriff Alan Morrison."

"Do you have a room where we can let our things?"

"Uh... Yes. There's the meeting room, you can use it."

"Thank you. And...Uh... Can we talk about the investigation?" Hotch asks.

"Sure."

We enter the meeting room, and we install our things: we hang the case's pictures on the board, and we open all the files that are in our possession.

"So..." Hotch asks. "Can we have other information? I mean, do their wives are here? Do we have someone to interrogate?"

"Yes, their wives are here. You can interrogate them."

"Thank you," Hotch responds. "JJ, you'll interrogate Elizabeth; Emily, you'll interrogate Lauren; and Morgan, you'll interrogate Leslie."

I make a sign to Hotch that it's okay, and I head toward the room where Leslie is sat. She's crying. I sit in front of her, and I drop the file on the little table between us.

"Leslie Allan?"

She removes her hands from her face, and she wipes her last tears.

"Yes?"

"May I ask you a few questions about your husband's death?"

"Uh... Sure."

"Okay. Did you remark any change, a little bit before his death, something that you remarked, something different, a mood, a way of acting, something that could make you think that something bothered him?"

"Um... I don't think so."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah... Um... Wait. Yes, there's something. He was keeping repeating that it'd be okay, that all our problems would be solved."

"Which problems?"

"Money problems."

She massages her belly.

"He's kicking a lot today?"

"She. And yeah, she's kicking a lot."

"I'm so sorry. She'll never meet her father..."