Part 28

Spencer Reid's POV

I'm in the meeting room; I'm watching the victim's pictures and I'm thinking.

I hear someone entering. I turn, and I notice Morgan.

"Hey, kid. Come here."

Derek sits and I sit beside him.

"How went the latest seven months for JJ?"

"Why don't you talk about it with her?"

"I don't think that she's ready to talk about it, but I worried a lot."

"Okay. After she got out of the hospital, she had some time to rest. Then she needed to relearn how to walk, because, during the surgery, they touched a nerve that temporarily paralyzed her legs, but nothing to worry about. Then, she stopped a little bit, because she couldn't stand the pain. She spent five weeks in the bed, complaining that it was hurting. I couldn't do anything, except remaining by her side. It's the reason why I didn't work for a month. JJ cried and screamed because of the pain, and the doctor said that he couldn't do anything. She was obligated to do the physiotherapy, despite the pain because she risked having lifelong consequences. So she fought every morning to get up and try to ignore the pain. And as the days passed, she felt less the pain, she began to walk alone more often and she slept more during the night. It was a long ride for her, but she managed to get through. She's a warrior since her first breath."