Part 2

**This part has been re-written**

Jennifer Jareau's POV

Days have passed and I'm feeling better; I'm starting to regain some strength. I even think I'll take a walk today. I wake up silently because I know that Emily, Morgan, Penelope and Rossi are sleeping. I head to my kitchen and I prepare some coffee.

I hear a noise; someone must be waking up. I continue to prepare coffee and I start making my breakfast.

"I see that you've regained some strength."

I turn back and I notice Emily, still in pajama, with tired eyes.

"I don't feel that bad this morning," I answer to my friend.

"I'm glad for you!"

She comes to hug me.

"You know, the old JJ really missed me!"

I signal her to lower her voice since the others are still sleeping.

"Are you really eating only an apple for breakfast?" Emily asks, pointing the apple I'm holding.

"I would like to make you realize that, still yesterday, I was vomiting everything I was eating, and I wasn't moving out from my bed. So, I'm taking it easy."

"From this perspective."

She sits at the table, and I sit in front of her. I take a tiny bite of my apple; Emily doesn't turn away her look; she seems captivated. I can't prevent myself to smile while thinking about this.

"What?" she asks me.

"Nothing," I simply answer.

I'm still eating my apple when Derek shows up in the kitchen.

"Hey, JJ! I'm happy to see you in another place than the bathroom or your bedroom!" he laughs.

I also laugh. I hear Rossi declaring:

"To whom belongs this wonderful laugh?"

I'm happy to feel better because my colleagues are feeling better. I notice Penelope, out of the corner of my eyes. She rubs her eyes before exclaiming:

"Oh, my God! JJ, you're back! I mean, the real you, not the depressed you!"

She comes to hug me.

Everyone makes their breakfast and comes sit at the table with me.

"Do you guys have some news from Spencer?" I ask, hesitating.

I ask it to be polite but I'm not sure if I really want the answer. Thinking about Spencer still hurts me. But I know that I will be able to work with him because a breakup isn't a good reason to ask for a transfer because we made the promise that our relationship wouldn't interfere with our work and our capacities to work properly as a team.

"JJ, I know you don't really want to talk about him," Emily answers, smiling and putting her hand over mine.

She obviously knows me too well. She can read through me like a book.

"You're right..."

"What do you think of going shopping?" Penelope asks. "We could buy you some new clothes and maybe get you a new haircut? Or we could just hang out and go take a drink. But just you, Emily and I. No men."

"Why not, baby girl?" Derek asks her, rubbing her back and paying with her hair.

"Because you would find it boring and would just ask to go back home. Or if you want to hold all our bags all day long, it's your choice!" she laughs.