Part 57

Two Months Later

David Rossi's POV

We were called for a case a few minutes ago. So we're in the Conference Room, waiting for Hotch, who's talking with a new agent that will be there when JJ will be at home with her little boy.

JJ's now seven months pregnant, but she looks like nine. She's still coming with us, she can go on the crime scene, and she can go with us to arrest the Unsub, but she needs to be really careful. Emily's now four months pregnant and a half, and she looks like, well, four months pregnant and a half. She has a little belly.

Aaron finally arrives.

"Sorry, I'm late. I was talking with a new agent. You'll meet her next week."

"Her?" Derek asks.

"Maggie Mills. She'll take JJ's place when she'll be on maternity leave. But it's not the time to talk about it, we have a case."

"Of course," Penelope says, turning on the screen.

She passes the file to everyone.

"Here, in Quantico, five women have been killed. They were pregnant. The fetus was always beside the woman. The Unsub takes away the baby from the mother's belly and lets the mother die of bleeding, near her baby, who was violently stabbed by the Unsub. The first woman, Natalia Blackwood, she was eight months pregnant, she has been found near a nursery. The second woman, Satya Griffin, she was two months pregnant, she has been found near a hospital. The third woman, Talia Smith, she was four months pregnant, she has been found near a school. The fourth woman, Valence Gregory, she was six months pregnant, she has been found near a park."

"It's always near places for children," Reid says.

"Not really. The last woman, Laura Taylor, five months pregnant, she has been found near the highway," Penelope replies.

"JJ and Emily, do you want to investigate?" Hotch asks.

"Yes," Emily and JJ say.

"Okay, but you need to always be with someone else. Always," Hotch says.

They make him sign that they've understood, and we walk over to the vehicles.