Part 94

Spencer Reid's POV

I took the day off because today it's Hope and Jaeden's meeting with the doctor. We're in the office, waiting for the doctor. JJ just breastfed the babies, so they are asleep.

The doctor finally arrives. He sits at his desk and opens two files. He reads a little bit and then he closes them.

"Hi, Mr. Reid and Mrs. Jareau. How are you?"

"Fine, thank you," we respond.

He looks a bit down to see the babies.

"They're sleeping?"

"Yeah, I just breastfed them," JJ responds.

"Oh, I see. So, they're one month old?"

"Yes."

"How many crises did they have during the last week?"

"They had 7 crisis. I was worried because in the last two days they had 4 crisis," JJ says.

"Okay. Did you remark something else?"

"Hope seems to have more difficulty than Jaeden during a crisis. I mean, it takes like around ten minutes for Jaeden to restart to breathe normally. But it can take more than one hour for Hope. The last crisis she had, it took 1 hour and 45 minutes. I was about to go to the hospital, but Spence said that it'd change nothing. So we stayed at home and I stayed up all the night because I was scared that she would have another crisis," JJ declares.

"Okay. So we're going to see that. But I'm gonna be obligated to wake them up."

He takes Jaeden and he gently wakes him up. He is about to cry but JJ looks at him and makes him sign it is okay.

"Daddy and mommy are there," I say.

He begins by weighing him.

"It's a great boy that we have there. He got 3 pounds. 7 pounds, it's still small for his age but he's making progress. So, I'm gonna take a look at your lungs."

I like how the doctor talks to Jaeden.

"Can one of you hold him while I'm checking his lungs?"

"Of course," I say.

I take Jaeden. The doctor takes his stethoscope and puts it on Jaeden's back.

"I'm hearing a strange noise. I'm gonna fix you a meeting to do a radiography. But I think it's only he's born two months earlier."

I put Jaeden in his baby seat and the doctor takes Hope to examine her.

"So here the little Hope. I'm gonna weigh you."

He weighs her.

"5 pounds! You're making progress too! It's a bit small for a newborn baby, so it's really small for a one-month-old baby."

JJ holds her and the doctor checks Hope's lungs.

"Okay, so like her brother, there's a strange noise. I'm gonna fix her a meeting to do a radiography too."

"Are they going to have crises?" I ask.

"Yeah. So I will let you their vital signs monitors, their nasal cannulas, their oxygen masks, and everything."

"Okay."

"If Hope has another crisis and after 20 minutes, she doesn't restart to breathe normally, call me on my cellphone."

He gives us a business card with a phone number on it. I take it while JJ is putting Hope in her baby seat.

"Thank you," JJ says.

"I'm gonna call you when the meeting will be fixed."

"That's alright," I reply.

And we left.