Part 50

One Month Later

Emily Prentiss' POV

We're at our house. We're in our bed. Aaron's still sleeping. He's so cute when he sleeps! I turn on my cellphone to see what time it is. It's 9am. I get up silently. I hear a noise coming from downstairs. I wonder what it is. I lead to the stairs.

I see a shadow.

"Hey! Who are you?" I ask.

Someone appears. That person looks at me and pitches me something that reaches my belly. I fall down in the stairs.

"Aaron!" I scream while falling down in the stairs.

I try to protect my head.

I reach the floor. I cannot get up. I feel like I've been hit by a bus. The stranger is beside me.

I see Aaron running out of the bedroom.

"Sweetie! Are you okay?"

"Yeah, fine," I say, putting my hand on my head.

Aaron pulls out his gun and points it at the stranger.

"Who are you? And what are you doing here?"

The guy raises up his hands and doesn't answer.

I see that I'm bleeding a little bit. Nothing to worry about.

The guy doesn't move during a few seconds and goes out running.

Aaron puts away his gun and runs over to me.

He sees my scratch.

"It's nothing. I'm okay."

"Emily. You're not okay," he says looking at my pants.

There's blood on my pants.

"Oh my God! The baby!" I cry.

"It's okay. I call an ambulance everything will be fine." He says, trying to reassure me.

He takes his phone and dials a number.

"I'm a federal agent, and I quickly need an ambulance! [...] Yeah, this is my address. Be fast!"

He hangs up.

"Breathe Emily. Come on, take deep breaths. Like that. It will be okay. The baby will be fine."

The paramedics arrive and make him sign to go away. They put me on a stretcher and they go in the ambulance. Aaron comes with me.

"It'll be fine."