Part 103

Emily Prentiss' POV

My breath stops.

"... So it took more time. I'm sorry but we couldn't save the left part of his stomach. He couldn't normally eat for months. For a while, he will need to be fed by parenteral nutrition by sonde. We keep him under observation for a few days but you could leave for Christmas."

I jump in Aaron's arms and I kiss him.

After our kiss, I turn back and look the doctor.

"Can we... Can we see him?"

"He's waking up. Follow me."

We follow him.

"I'm gonna go see if the house isn't on fire because of Spence!" JJ laughs.

"Okay," I respond.

"If there's anything, call me!" She declares, walking away.

We enter a little room. In it, there are a cradle and some nurses. I run over to the cradle. Oliver is waking up as the doctor said. Aaron is near me. Oliver finally opens his eyes.

"Hey, Buddy," I cry.

Aaron puts his arm around my shoulder.

"You did great, Buddy. Mommy and Daddy are proud of you," I say, gently passing my hand over his head.

"You're a fighter as Aunt JJ said. You won't give up," Aaron declares, putting his hand on mine.

"Can I hold him?" I ask a nurse.

"Of course," she responds, giving Oliver to me.

"Mommy was really worried. I was scared about losing you. But I didn't know you were strong like that. Mommy loves you. Mommy will always believe in her son. Because you're a fighter, a warrior."