Part 74

Emily Prentiss' POV

JJ just woke up because the babies were crying and Spencer couldn't make them stop. He didn't know what to do, it was so funny! JJ just breastfed Jaeden and now she's breastfeeding Hope. JJ is such a beautiful mom! Spencer is a great dad too, but it's going to take him more time than her to be at his ease with his children.

JJ just puts Hope back in his cradle. She's still sleeping, like her brother, even if she just slept.

Someone enters in the room: JJ's mother, Sandy.

"Mom? What are you doing here?" JJ exclaims.

"I... I just wanted to see my grandchildren."

"No. You don't even approach them!"

I don't understand JJ's reaction. Sandy's approaching her daughter.

"Go away from me! You do not touch me and the babies!"

"But..."

"There's no "but". You didn't give news! I thought you were dead! I called you every night, hoping for an answer! Since I had a boyfriend, I broke up, I got kidnapped, tortured, shot, I had a car accident and I got pregnant! Where were you when I needed you?! I don't know where you were, but you weren't there for me!"

"I... I'm so sorry..."

"I don't care about your apology! I thought you were dead! Do you know how it is to think that your mother is dead? Do you know how it is?!"

"No... I don't..."

"You wanted to get out of my life. Now, you're out of it. So, now, I want you to go out of the room. Bye."

She looks at JJ with a sad gaze and she goes out. Everyone's silent. We all look at JJ who's crying.

She lays down, she closes her eyes and she wipes her tears. Spencer approaches her and takes her hand while wiping her tears.

"JJ...?" He says.

"No... It's okay. I'm fine."