Part 13

Emily Prentiss' POV

I'm watching television. In fact, I don't really watch it because I'm too concerned about the disappearance of JJ and Reid...

DRING DRING DRING

I take my phone, and I notice it's Hotch. I answer:

"Hi, Hotch?"

"Emily, we need you urgently at JJ's house."

"Okay, I'm coming."

I hang up, I take my coat and my boots and go out. I quickly walk over to JJ's house. I hear the sirens of police cars, fire trucks, and ambulances. I start running.

I come near Hotch who explains me the situation:

"An incendiarism was declared on the third floor, in JJ's apartment. But it was empty. We haven't found what triggered the fire, but we found that."

Hotch shows me a plastic bag with a sample in it. On the sample, there is a tiny glass plate with blood on it.

"We will send it to the lab to find out who it belongs to."

I feel someone giving me a little tap on the shoulder. I turn back, and an officer says to me:

"We have a witness."

He points us a man. I mention to the officer that we take that in charge, and we lead towards the witness.

"SSA Hotchner, and here's SSA Prentiss. You said you are a witness?"

"Yes, I've seen someone, and he has given me his name."

"What did he look like?" I ask.

"I don't know. He wore a hood. But he must measure 6'0" and weighed 154 pounds."

"You said he told you his name?" Hotch requests.

"Yes. He said: 'My name is Spencer Reid'."

I turn to Hotch, surprised, but at the same time worried.