Part 76

Spencer Reid's POV

JJ's vital signs monitor begins to beep too. She's breathless.

"Take deep breaths, JJ. Take deep breaths," I say to her.

A nurse comes in the room, running. She makes a sign to JJ breathing. The nurse puts an oxygen mask on JJ's face. Once JJ's breathing with the oxygen mask, I go out with the nurse.

"What did just happen to JJ?"

"She had a severe panic attack. She's gonna need the oxygen mask for a moment."

"And... Uh... Where are my babies? Their vital signs monitors began to beep and three nurses took them. I just wanna know where they are and what happened to them. May I see them?"

"I'm gonna check."

She opens a file and looks in it. She talks with a few nurses and then she comes back.

"Follow me, please."

I follow the nurse. We arrive in front of a room. She passes me a yellow jacket with gloves and a mask. I put them on. We enter the room.

I see a lot of babies. All those babies are small and connected to devices.

"What are your babies' names?"

"Hope Jennifer Reid and Jaeden Spencer Reid."

"Come here."

We arrive in front of their cradles. They're sleeping. They are connected to more devices than the last time. They are intubated.

"What's wrong with them? Earlier the seemed healthy!"

She checks in the file.

"They are two months earlier. Their lungs are still developing. They cannot breathe by themselves. We keep them under observation until their lungs finish to develop."

"Can we see them often?"

"We try to reduce the meetings because we don't want them to get sick. But when they'll be able to breathe by themselves, Jennifer could breastfeed them. I think that, in one week, they'll be able to breathe by themselves, but we'll keep them under observation during two or three weeks."

"Okay."

I look at them. I feel so sorry...

We get out of the room. I head to our room.

"Are they... okay?" Jennifer says, removing her oxygen mask from her face.

"Their lungs are still developing. They can't breathe by themselves. We can't go see them until their lungs finish to develop. They say it'll take one week. But they want to keep them under observation during two to three weeks."

I see that Jennifer starts crying. I squeeze her hand.

"It'll be okay. They are warriors."