Part 77

Six Weeks Later

Emily Prentiss' POV

The babies are now out of any dangers so we all can get back home. We're so happy! JJ and Spencer invited us to their home for dinner. So we accepted.

We're on our way back to JJ's house. I can't wait because this week, I'm going to have the custody of Oliver. We're going to fill the papers soon!

"Why are you smiling like that?" Aaron asks.

"I'm just thinking about Oliver," I respond.

"Oh, well. I can't wait to see our little Hotch!" He says.

"Where are we going to set him? I mean, we have the bed, but no place to put it!"

"He just has to sleep in our room for a while."

"Yeah. Of course."

We arrive in front of JJ and Spencer's house. Aaron's cellphone rings.

"Hotchner. Hi! [...] Yeah. [...] Tomorrow? [...] No, it's okay. We're gonna come tomorrow. [...] Okay. Bye."

"Who was it?"

"We can take Oliver tomorrow."

I can't believe it! We're going to take him tomorrow!

"But... I'll be on maternity leave and JJ too. You're not even sure if Maggie can come!"

"I'm gonna call her."

He takes his phone and dials a number.

"Hi, Mrs. Mills? It's Hotchner, from the BAU. You remember that we talked? [...] I just wanna know if you can come tomorrow to meet the team? [...] Yeah. I know. It's faster than I thought. [...] Tomorrow at nine, will it be okay? [...] Nice. So, see you soon."

He hangs up.

"But... If you're expecting her for 9am, when will we fill the papers to get Oliver's custody?"

"Tomorrow at eight."

He gets out of the car and I do the same. We head to the house. We knock. Spencer opens us. We enter. We go in the kitchen and we see Rossi preparing the dinner with Derek and Penelope. Spencer joins them.

"I'm gonna see JJ," I say.

"I'm gonna help for the dinner," Aaron responds, giving me a little kiss.

Derek gives me a cup of wine. I thank him and I head to the living room, where JJ's sat with the babies. They still have their vital signs monitors, but it's just a precaution. And they have oxygen nasal cannulas because they still have difficulties to breathe and the doctor gave to JJ and Spencer two oxygen masks if the babies are really breathless, but if they are, they need to go to the hospital. But they seem fine.

I sit beside JJ.

"You're happy to be back?"

"Yes. I think it'd be easier with the babies," she smiles.

"Will Spencer stay with you for a moment?"

"No. He said that he'll go back to work. But if there's anything, I can call him."

"The dinner's ready!" Spencer screams.

JJ looks at the babies. She's glad that this scream didn't wake them up.

She put them in their cradle. As she wasn't expecting twins, she just has one cradle. But she said it was okay for now.

We lead to the kitchen and we sit at the table.

Spencer brings JJ's plate.

"Voilà pour tu, ma chère demoiselle," he says, with a bad French.

JJ blushes.

"We say: Voici pour toi, ma chère demoiselle," I say to Spencer.

"And it means...?" JJ asks.

"I think it's: Here's for you, my dear young lady," Spencer responds.

"That's right," I reply.

"Merci pour tout, mon cher. Je t'aime," JJ declares.

"Oh! I hear some French-speaking! Are dirty things saying?" Morgan laughs.

"No, not at all! We're saying that you're so sexy!" JJ laughs too.

"If it's about me, it's not dirty!" Morgan answers.

"For real, what does that mean?" Spencer asks.

"Thanks for everything, my dear. I love you." JJ declares.

And Spencer goes back to the kitchen.

Aaron's coming with a plate and look at JJ with the I-will-do-better-than-Spencer gaze. He gives me the plate and says:

" 'ant al'ajmal. 'ant hayati. Ahbik."

"You never told me that you were learning Arabic! Where did you learn that?" I ask.

"Uh... That's confidential," he laughs.

Then he comes back to the kitchen.

After a few minutes, waiting for the others, they all come back. We sit and we eat.

"Buon appetito!" Rossi declares.

I hear the babies crying. JJ sighs and gets up.

"Jennifer. You sit your ass back on that chair. I'm gonna console those kids. Just sit and eat," Spencer says, laughing.

He gets up and goes to the living room. We hear Spencer sings:

"Blackbird singing in the dead of night. Take these broken wings and learn to fly, all your life. You were only waiting for this moment to arrive."

We get up and we lead to the living room.

"Blackbird singing in the dead of night. Take these sunken eyes and learn to see, all your life. You were only waiting for this moment to be free," JJ sings.

"Blackbird fly, blackbird fly into the light of the dark black night," Spencer sings again.

"Blackbird fly, blackbird fly into the light of the dark black night," JJ sings.

She has a beautiful voice! They start to sing together.

"Blackbird singing in the dead of night. Take these broken wings and learn to fly, all your life. You were only waiting for this moment to arise. You were only waiting for this moment to arise. You were only waiting for this moment to arise."

We all applaud them.

"Em'! You didn't just record that!" JJ exclaims.

"Yes, I did!" I smile.