Part 93

Jennifer Jareau's POV

We're at the table, having dinner. Oliver still sleeping on Emily's chest. A few minutes ago, he had a really bad colic.

Hope and Jaeden are sleeping too. They're sleeping in Emily and Aaron's bed. Well, I put pillows around them because I don't want them to fall.

Aaron cooked a really good dinner. He prepared chicken. And, of course, Dave brought wine. But I can't drink wine because I'm still breastfeeding.

I was going to take a mouthful when I heard the babies crying. I get up and I run upstairs.

They are having another crisis.

"Spence! Can you bring me the babies' bags? I need them quickly!"

It's the third crisis this week and their meeting with the doctor is only in two days.

Spencer arrives, running.

"Another crisis?" He asks.

"Yeah... Give me their oxygen mask, please."

He gives them to me. I put them on their face. Then Spencer takes Hope and massages her back at her lungs level. I do the same to Jaeden.

"Is everything okay?" Morgan yells.

"Yeah. We're gonna be back in a few minutes!" I yell back.

The babies are now sleeping. I hate when those crises happen! 'It's nothing to worry about', the doctor said. But I'm still worrying! 'Their lungs are still weak, they can have some crises', I didn't think that 'some' will be 'some'!

I go downstairs with Jaeden who's sleeping. Spencer's holding Hope.

"What happened?" Penelope asks, remarking their oxygen mask.

"Another crisis... It's the third time this week..." JJ responds.

"Did you call your doctor?" Emily asks.

"Or course, I did! He said it was normal because their lungs are still fragile. Fragile my ass!"

"Sweetie, calm down," Spencer says.

"I wanted them to stay at the hospital until their lungs would be okay, but the doctor sent me back home with them and oxygen masks, vital signs monitor, nasal cannulas... We have a whole hospital at home!"

"Babe, it's okay. In two days, we're gonna see the doctor. He said it, there's nothing to worry about those crises. They still have their nasal cannula and if they have a crisis, we have their oxygen mask. Plus we have their monitor. 'Nothing to worry about' he said. Trust him, he knows what he's talking about."

"But, Spence..."

"There's no 'but'. Stop worrying and enjoy this dinner with our friends. Eat that delicious chicken that Aaron cooked. It is really delicious, you're going to forget all about those crises! Have a good meal!"

Everyone smiles and starts talking about everything and nothing. We laughed so hard! And even if I'm the only one who can't drink wine, I think I'm the one who has more fun! Of course, we tried not to wake Hope and Jaeden up. And Emily was continuing to massage Oliver's stomach and to sing lullabies to him because he still has colic. But I loved that night!