Part 7

Aaron Hotchner's POV

We're trying to find a track, but we do not even know if both disappearances are linked together. For now, Spencer's hotel room is a crime scene, and North Park Avenue also is. With two missing agents, it's a bit more difficult to find a workable track. And in addition to miss two agents, we are all worried, and we don't know how to act.

"SSA Hotchner?"

I turn, and I see a pretty beefy man beckoning me to follow him. I walk over to him.

He presents me his hand, and I shake it.

"SSA Bradley, Unit Chief of Department of Behavioral Study of the FBI, Washington. We're in charge of this investigation."

"I'm sorry, but I don't need someone else to do my job. My team and I are able to resolve this investigation. Quantico is my field. Washington is yours."

"But it's the protocol when the team is personally involved in the case."

"I don't care about the protocol when two of my agents are in danger."

I'm leaving, going toward the other members. I notice the absence of Penelope and Emily.

"Where are Penelope and Emily?" I ask Morgan and Dave.

"Emily gave up. Penelope is with her," Morgan answers.

"Okay. Morgan and Dave, stay here, I'll come back."

I lead to the back of the street, and I see Emily crying and Penelope trying to console her.

"Penelope, I'll take care of Emily. You, will it be okay? You're holding up?"

"Uh... Yes."

"Okay, go with Derek and Dave. I'll be back."

Penelope leaves and I kneel in front of Emily.

"Emily, look at me. Come on, look at me."

She turns her head.

"It will be alright. We will find them. Trust me, they will get by."

I pass my hand over her cheeks to wipe her tears.

She smiles to me. I hold her hands.

"You have restarted to gnaw your nails..."

I look in her eyes, then her lips. I approach my lips to hers, and we kiss.

After a few seconds, I withdraw.

"I'm sorry. Uh... Sincerely sorry."

Emily looks at me and smiles before declaring:

"It doesn't matter. I'm not complaining of that kiss."