41 big jerk

"This! It will be this one!" I shout when I see the biggest jet ski.

"This lady knows what she wants." Lorenz jokes.

"Come on the back of me."

"On the back? I'm going to drive the jet ski." I say frowning.

Lorenz laughs.

"Yes, you're joking, right?"

"No, I'm serious, I want to drive it."

"Okay, okay, but be careful."

I clip on and a man gives a final explanation.

After a few minutes I can finally leave. At first I fa very slowly and then I give more and more gas even though Lorenz said not too fast. I don't think he trusts me at all. He sits on the back and holds me around my waist.

"Are you afraid?" I ask him.

"I'm afraid? Never!"

"Okay, hold on tight!"

He holds me tight and I accelerate. We're going so fast that we're almost floating over the waves. He is great! I look behind me and see that Lorenz really likes it too. But the longer I look at the sea, the more I think of a few nights ago, how Jordan held me in the water. How we laughed and pushed each other under. I try not to think about Jordan and enjoy the jet ski.

Water splashes around as we lap the rough waves. We go around a few more times, but soon the time is up. We rented the jet ski for half an hour and that half hour is almost over now. We sail back quietly and I carefully take off my life jacket. Lorenz gets off first and then lifts me off as well.

"It was amazing!"

"I'm glad to hear that Melanie. You went very fast. Shall we go for a swim instead?"

"Yes! Here in the sea?"

"No, not in that dirty sea water. I mean in the pool then we can also get something to drink."

"Yes, that's fine." I try to say it as normally as possible as I am a bit disappointed that we are not going into the sea. Maybe it's better this way, then no more memories of the evening swim with Jordan will come back. Shit! I think about him all the time, I can't avoid it. I try to put him out of my mind. How hard it may be. I'm spending time with Lorenz today, not Jordan.

"What do you want to drink, honey?"

"Just give me some water."

"Water?! How boring, I'll order you a cocktail."

He asks the waiter for two cocktails. There is a long line behind us at the bar. We have to wait a very long time but I won't say anything about it. Lorenz smiles at me and puts an arm around me, I rest my head on his shoulder.

"You do know that I turned 17 and not 18, right? I'm actually not allowed to order cocktails at all yet." I joke.

"They think you're older because you're standing with me."

Finally we get our cocktails and we sit by the pool. We order a pizza and share it on a lounger. For the rest of the afternoon, Lorenz mainly lay on the lounger. There was no question of swimming 'together'. I swam for hours in the pool while he slept in the sun. When he woke up he asked if I could get him something to drink. He just uses me as some kind of slave. I'm happy when the day is almost over. I completely misjudged Lorenz. I thought he was a nice, fun guy. He's a big jerk!

When it starts to get dark I put away my beach stuff. I want to go to my room as quickly as possible, I can't stand Lorenz anymore.

When I want to say hello to him, he resists.

**

Don't forget to vote

613 words