27 shells along the sink

*Melanie*

The sunlight shining on my face woke me up. I have a hangover, which is why I have a splitting headache. Jordan is gone. He is not beside me and not on the couch. For no reason, he left. Or is there a reason? I try to remember all that happened last night.

I remember we laughed a lot. First we were evicted from the restaurant, then we went to the bar. We drank too much last night. But then, what happened next? I try to come up with it but I can't. I decide to go freshen up in the bathroom thinking about what might have happened that made Jordan get up early and leave the room. I am cold and see a wet towel with sand on it. In the bathroom along the sink I see shells.

That was it! We went to the beach after we had been drinking. Before we swam I thought it was necessary to look for shells. After swimming I remember getting cold. Oh no. I look at myself in the mirror.

I suggested having sex with him! Did we finally do it yesterday? This question remains unanswered. I can remember everything back from last night except that. Shit! What if we didn't use protection?

I call Kailey in a panic, but I get no answer. Not even after letting my phone ring 4 times. If she doesn't feel the need to answer I'll go to her room myself. I quickly put on something else and leave the room as quickly as possible. On the way I remember that I don't have my phone with me myself but this is more important.

Once I arrive at Kailey and Quinten's room, I knock twice on the door. Again no answer. I knock again a few times but get no response. I am in such a hurry that I just pull the door open.

I pull the door open with great force. I hear groans. This can't mean much good. I am startled when I see what is going on. I see Kailey doing it with a girl. And I don't see clearly who it is. I can't believe she made me believe she wanted to get in a room with Quinten to save their "relationship. This way it won't work. But they can never stay away from each other.

Yikes! Why did I have to see this? They didn't hear me, fortunately. I want to get out of here as soon as possible. I close the door behind me as quietly as I can. I still ask Kailey about it. As frustrated and shocked as I am, I need to find Jordan.

I can't remember anything. And if we did I still have a few hours to get the morning after pill somewhere. I realize that now my only hope is Megan. She is constantly concerned with Jordan and can't let go of the fact that he is an ex of hers. I run toward her room. I knock 4 times in quick succession. I don't have much time. Vanessa opens the door. I quickly look behind her to see if Megan is anywhere to be seen.

"Hey Vanessa, I need to talk to Megan? Is she here somewhere?" I ask hurriedly.

"Mel, I'm sorry to say. She just left with Jordan. They went to a bar I think."

It feels like my heart falls to the ground on the spot. Like last night meant nothing to him. I don't remember much but I do know we had a good time, even if it was probably because of the alcohol. But still, Jordan was never so loose and nice. He felt comfortable. 

**
Dont' forget to vote

616 words