40 my birthday

"This card and gift comes from your mother! I picked it up at the reception." Kailey says.

I open the gift and out comes a beautiful evening dress. Inside the envelope is a card with some money.

Dear Melanie

Happy birthday darling. The dress I gave you will look beautiful on you. Have a beautiful day even if I can't see you today.

Until next week!

Love mom

I miss my mother. Especially today on my 17th birthday, I am happy that she thought of me.

"Happy birthday Melanie." Jordan says without any emotion.

"Thanks, Jordan."

"Open our envelope now! Kailey and I got these for you!" Vanessa shouts enthusiastically.

Vanessa slides it into my hands. I tear it open and a receipt comes out. It is a voucher to sail around the sea for a day with an all-in boat for 2 people. It looks beautiful on the card. The voucher is for tomorrow. I still have to figure out who I want to go with, but I'll decide that tonight or tomorrow. Maybe I can go with Lorenz since I don't want to choose between Kailey and Vanessa since the gift is from both of them. I get up from the bed and hug them both.

"Thank you for the beautiful gift girls! I appreciate it very much. What do you think of it? Shall we have an extensive breakfast with extra pancakes?"

Yes!" Vanessa and Kailey say enthusiastically in unison.

We'll meet at the restaurant in half an hour. They leave the room and I plan to change quickly. Jordan went back to bed. He goes back to sleep. I try to be as neutral as possible towards him. I now know what is going on with him, but he doesn't know that I know about his past, but sooner or later it has to be talked about. It was nice that Quinten told me yesterday that I make Jordan happy, but his choice is clear. He doesn't want anything serious and I have to respect that no matter how much I want him. I can't do anything with this, he sees no future. Does he really not allow himself any happiness?

I walk back from the restaurant with a full stomach. I ate a lot with Kailey and Vanessa. The breakfast was delicious! When we stand at the exit, Kailey and Vanessa pause for a moment.

"Kailey we have a surprise for you!" they shout in unison. I look around and I don't see anything.

"Turn around Mel."

I turn around carefully. In the distance I see Lorenz approaching. Lorenz! So he didn't forget my birthday. I walk over to him and hug him.

"Hey birthday boy! I can see that I was going to drop by."

"I didn't know you were serious."

"Aren't you happy with my visit then?"

"Of course it is! You saved me from the airport."

"Still saved." He can't hide his smile.

"I'm glad to see you again Melanie."

"I love you too Lorenz."

"We'll just leave you alone for now... Have fun you two!" Vanessa shouts, who was still behind us.

"What do you want to do today?" I ask Lorenz.

"You tell me. Everything is fine, you can decide everything today."

"I want to drive a jet ski!"

"Okay, I'm very specific. We do!"

We walk to the beach together. There is a beach house with resort employees. They help us put on life jackets and we choose a jet ski.

** 

Don't forget to vote

557 words