14 lost in thoughts

I decide to occupy myself with something else and check where those many notifications came from on my phone. It's Jordan. He asks if I got home safely. What does he care. Of course I got home safely. I reassure him and send that I got home safely. I look at my shopping bag, let me continue packing for tomorrow.

When I think I have everything I see that the lingerie is still in the bag. Should I take it with me? Maybe I'll meet someone in Italy. You never know. I decide to take it with me, also for Kailey. We would both take it with us. But at least she has someone she can put it on for. Quinten doesn't half know how good he has it with Kailey as a friend. I hope sleeping in a room together improves their relationship. I probably won't see Kailey there very much, as we had first agreed but this could also be good. Good to forget everything there for a while. Away from my home situation, away from the hassle with Megan, away from the arguments between Jordan and Quinten, ...

I finish packing and it's 4pm by now. Mum is still out. I put on my bath slippers and twist my hair into a bun. I undress and walk to the shower. I step into the big shower cubicle and let the water flow for a while so it gets warm.

When it is warm enough I stand under it. I close my eyes and see Jordan standing in front of me. He walks towards me and strokes my hair behind my ear. He comes closer. I can almost feel him breathing down my neck. Warm breath that smells like peppermint. He slides his hands down and holds me around my waist. I feel the warmth of his body against me. He holds himself close to me. He tilts his face and I hold his face. His cheeks are soft, here and there I feel a stubble. When he wants to kiss me, I wake up from my thoughts.

I look around in surprise. No Jordan to be seen. Did I just daydream about him? It felt so real. It was a nice feeling. How he stood with me and held me.

I wash my hair some more and close the tap. I wrap a towel around me and look through the fogged-up window. I see a reflection, a blurred reflection of myself. I draw a picture in it. I've been doing this since I was little. I leave the bathroom and hear my mother enter the house at the bottom.

I quickly change my clothes. I put on comfortable pyjamas and walk downstairs. "Hey mum, how was dating Dries?" I ask her interestedly. She looks at me with a smile up to her ears.

"It was very pleasant. Dries is a great man! Apparently he also has children a son and a daughter. He apparently got divorced 2 years ago. His wife cheated on him he told. He didn't tell much about her for the rest. And apart from that, he paid for everything, even though I said there was absolutely no need. What a charmer he is."

I smile and sit down at the kitchen table. I am a bit bored. All the preparations for tomorrow are done. Meanwhile, my mother makes dinner. I see we are eating pasta. She says it is almost ready. Impatiently, I wait. I open my phone and see that I haven't received any notifications, except one.

I see that Vanessa has sent me a message about tomorrow. In the message she tells me that Megan has apparently somehow found out that I am sleeping in a room with Jordan. Megan is being difficult about it tells Vanessa. Vanessa thinks it's nonsense and tells me she told Megan not to worry so much, it's her ex for a reason. I send a message back to Vanessa telling her that Megan should just come to me herself if she has problems with it. I thank Vanessa again for informing me and put my phone back down.

***
685 words

Like and vote