6 jealousy

Mrs Curtens is already waiting for us at the door of her classroom. She is wearing a colourful floral dress today. Her hair is scattered as always? She smells nice and sweet. She is my favourite teacher! You can always go to her if there is anything. Along that, zze is also very helpful. She always has ideas for my art projects in her class.

She greets the students and opens the door of the art room? It smells like paint and clay. I walk in and see that Megan is still looking at me angrily. Vanessa notices.

"Don't worry about Megan, she's probably jealous because you're sitting next to her ex." She says as she puts a hand on my shoulder.

"It's her ex after all, so why does she care so much?" I ask.

"Don't you get it? Megan obviously still likes Jordan! She just doesn't know how to tell him. That's why she looks so angry, she's jealous. She probably thinks you guys are having an affair."

I look at her in surprise. Does Megan still like Jordan? The arrogant, vain Jordan? Of course I'm not dating Jordan. Just because we sit next to each other in biology doesn't mean we have feelings for each other. It's too bad Megan feels that way. She'll come around. I take a seat at an atfel alongside Kailey. Kailey is still very quiet. I don't care. We'll talk later after school. I let it get away from me for now.

When everyone has sat down, Ms Curtens talks about the next art project.

"Good morning students, today you are going to work in groups of two on a painting, the theme of the painting is up to you per group. You may choose the groups yourselves. Good luck to you all! She says enthusiastically.

Kailey and I look at each other. She asks if the two of us are working together. I nod. We make a painting of our favourite little restaurant 'Lavenda' We end up having a lot of fun together while painting and the eleven hours are over quickly. When the school day is finally over, we cycle to the restaurant together. We sit down in our regular spot in the corner by the window. There is a marble table with comfortable white chairs. From the ceiling hangs fragrant lavender. The whole restaurant smells of it. It is a very cosy place.

We sit down and Kailey sighs.

"Kailey, maybe it's about time you started telling me what's bothering you, because it's not going to go on like this." I say as I look her straight in the eye.

Kailey takes a deep breath. I can see she is struggling to say it. She takes another deep breath.

"Sorry Mel for being so distant and quiet the last few days. The thing is... Things haven't been going well between me and Quinten lately. We argue a lot and talk to each other less as a result. Quinten and Megan have apparently been seeing each other. Quinten told me that Megan thought you were the problem between me and Quinten. That you come between us and thus ruin the relationship. I think this is nonsense myself and told Quinten so. I'm actually a bit fed up with Megan, she's trying to blame you and has talked Quinten out of it. So now Quinten really thinks you're between us. I've been thinking about this myself, which is why I was so quiet. Mel I know you're not the problem, it's mine and Quinten's relationship I'm afraid." Says Kailey as she looks out nervously.

***

592 words

Like and vote